Thread: Gingerman Mother's Day two races Saturday?

Default Gingerman Mother's Day two races Saturday?

I just got a survey link emailed me regarding the race at Gingermans.

One of the questions regarded possibly having two races Saturday. I think they may be concerned there will be poor attendance due to Mother's Day.

They also asked about if we liked Quad race weekends.

Jim, I think you might have discussed quads before. What is the qualifying for the first race?

I am assuming that all subsequent qualifying is finishing position or fastest lap, etc.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    I just got a survey link emailed me regarding the race at Gingermans.

One of the questions regarded possibly having two races Saturday. I think they may be concerned there will be poor attendance due to Mother's Day.

They also asked about if we liked Quad race weekends.

Jim, I think you might have discussed quads before. What is the qualifying for the first race?

I am assuming that all subsequent qualifying is finishing position or fastest lap, etc.
    As far as I can remember they have done the quad the same (stupid) way both times with Sat first race set by entry date/time. Which is a poor idea for 3 reasons. Mildly dangerous depending on car mix, unfair for obvious reasons, and lastly once you get 15 cars registered per group the motivation to register goes to zero.

I believe they have also done grid based on finishing position in the prior race. Which I also disagree with. To me it seems safer and more fair to set each grid based on prior session fastest lap.

But really, there is no reason you can't fit qualifying into the mix. At least two weekends at Nelson last year were 3 sessions per day. 10 minute qualifying, short qualifying race and then sanction race. Replace the words qualifying race with sanction race and you have it.

I'd go further and say there is no point in qualifying on Sunday. Simply set every session based on prior session fastest lap and you can have 2 full length races on Sunday.

Heck, that might be the right answer. Qual-Race-Race on Sat, Race-Race on Sun. If you do it that way, you might get a reasonable number of Sat only entries.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

3 weeks to go and ~35 entries.....

i am not planning on going. Expect to be there later this summer.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Car won't be ready. I'll be in the start stand.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Still haven't purchased a new car, so I'm out... In the market and didn't think it would take this long to find 'the one'. Have a great weekend!!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

I'm in! I'll be running STU on Saturday and my Dad is running ITA on Sunday (sharing his car). Never been to G'Man so I'm looking forward to racing at a new track.
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Out - too many other things that weekend.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org