Thread: T4 RX-8 in STL

Default T4 RX-8 in STL

Can a T4 RX-8 run in STL? I have been trying to follow the rule sets, but I am not there yet as far as understanding. Seems T4 is quite a bit slower that STL and less prepared than in ITR.

In short, no. One easy example is that the brakes are to big. Well actually I think the brakes on the early auto cars are small enough...

Stephen

So the STL car that won the Runoffs has smaller than stock brakes?
    Flat out until you see God, then lift!

Yes. And smaller than stock wheels and tires (17x7 and 225 max in STL). And something around 3100#. And as of 01 Jan, a 50mm flat plate restrictor.

Your T car is compliant to run in STU.

He wouldn't want to do that. He'd have to run aginst Ryan Hazelton's T1/STU car, or mine for that matter

You're always welcome to run E Production in the RX-8. I believe the T4 RX-8 is completely ITR legal, so if you put "ITR" stickers on the side of the car, you can run in EP as an ITR car without changing your brakes or being hit with the STL rotary tax of a massive restrictor. If you then want to try slicks, pull the ABS fuse and run as a full-fledge EP car (with the exception of ABS, your T4 car should be 100% EP legal). The RX-8 has also proven to have a lot of potential in EP, too, with one finishing in the top 5 a couple of times at the Runoffs.
    EP 1990 Mazda RX-7 (used to be STU until the turbo cars scared me away, and STL rotary cars require too much ballast)
    ITS/T4 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V