Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who to build Honda Motor?

Thanks Everyone! i dont know if that made it easier or harder but ill
    work with it.

See everyone at mid ohio with some sort of motor!

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    For those of you not taking using someone locally, how are you shipping the motor? Seems like that would be fairly expensive to do, no?
    I just got back from the 4 hour round trip to my engine machine shop I use. I have had nothing but good work done by him so even when we both moved away from each other I still bring my work to him.

Also shipping can be worked around, and yes.. it is still not cheap. However, hopefully this is a one time expense every 3-5 years or so. So in the grand scheme of things.. it is really not that big of deal.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

I suggest also talking to Steve Colletti in dayton. Link

He's built pro honda motors for about 20 years. Also he can do any hondata and dyno work you need in his shop. A big plus is that he can help you with intake/filter and exhaust stuff which is as important for horsepower as the actual motor work. He does my tuning and I found 7 ho in the air filter/big tube combination he suggested. He's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roth View Post
    I suggest also talking to Steve Colletti in dayton. Link

He's built pro honda motors for about 20 years. Also he can do any hondata and dyno work you need in his shop. A big plus is that he can help you with intake/filter and exhaust stuff which is as important for horsepower as the actual motor work. He does my tuning and I found 7 ho in the air filter/big tube combination he suggested. He's good.
    He is who tuned my 'Lunder' motor. Steve is a great guy and his shop does top quality work!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

I'll second the Tom Blaney motor work. I was ready to freshen my motor a season ago and the cylinder tests said don't bother. That's after about 4 seasons on the motor.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

+ another for Colletti. I worked for him when he had his shop in NY and can say that he is an excellent diagnostician, thorough , and open minded. I remember when he got his first dyno in NY and his delight in discovering that several "givens" about horsepower just did not stand up to facts.

He used to be something of a Toyota guy as well and ran a ITC Corolla in the NARRC series with more success than anything with such crude beginnings should have ever had.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckerboy View Post
    + another for Colletti. I worked for him when he had his shop in NY and can say that he is an excellent diagnostician, thorough , and open minded. I remember when he got his first dyno in NY and his delight in discovering that several "givens" about horsepower just did not stand up to facts.

He used to be something of a Toyota guy as well and ran a ITC Corolla in the NARRC series with more success than anything with such crude beginnings should have ever had.
    yea yea yea, you and Kai are such Corolla fanbois!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

As tempting as it is, I can't blame Colletowitz for that. I wasn't a fanboy until I owned one. They say the first taste is free...
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged