Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: New England Region IT EZ

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    I have a translator that simply replaces with "IT Sux, Crapcan Rules!" I'm thinking about rewriting it to ITSCCR to save space.

Seriously, I appreciate his enthusiasm, but I consistently see him bash IT and promote Crapcan. And his only plan to "save" SCCA is by remaking it in the CC image. Any claim that he promotes or helps SCCA in general and IT in particular is simply not true in my opinion.

Why do you hate VW and front wheel drive??
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    You missed Kirk Knestis; he's a big fan of them, too. And, of course, Mike (how in the heck did you forget about Mike...?)

It's way wicked cool you're trying to "improve the economy" with TW180 tires (is the President aware of this?) but I think you're confusing "opportunity" with "mandate":

But I wait in anticipation.

- GA

Hey, dont forget about the IT7 guys in NER. We obviously havent been vocally offensive enough in the last 9 pages......

You all need to buy RX7 and run on Nittos from Walmart says the crystal ball.... Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Wow...religious references, street tires, Greg quoting the dictionary, a variety of sand filled manginas, Crapcan, STL, Chump, the economy, poor grammar, sarcastic smilies, and no mission statement for IT.com (mission statement? mission statement? )
    Did I miss anything in the Cliff's Note version?
    Must be January in New England.
    Carry on....
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Steph

Must be January in New England.
    Nailed it!

T

The funny part is we in New England get it and are putting it into action
    Jerry
    NER South

It's winter in New England.

It's snowing today.

Race car's on home lift getting Sebring Maintenance (the amount of broken s**t is fairly impressive).

Mr Webmaster is upgrading us to the 2010's.

I have beer.

What more could one ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Agree, I also think that allowing R-comps might actually be a good thing. I bet smarty would give away used tires for free if you pay him to mount them...

Stephen
    I think the street tire thing would be good for the CrapCans - race tires will put much higher loads on everything on the car and crap *will* break sooner.

Also good to be consistent with another org based ruleset. If it takes off and the racers want Stickies, let them ask for them.

In the meantime street tires is a good idea imho.

While I appreciate all the passion and well-reasoned opinions on what NER ITEZ should be with regard to tires and other things the region has chosen to make the class as non-exclusionary as possible in an effort to be inclusive. For 2014 you can run any DOT tire.
    I hope those that want to race on street tires come and run with us and I promise if enough show up that want a street tire class we will build a street tire class, but that decision will be made by the region to support racers who race with us and support the region, not opinions on the internet.
    You can change the direction of SCCA Club Racing but you have to do it with participation not internet posts.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    You can change the direction of SCCA Club Racing but you have to do it with participation not internet posts.
    Unbelievable...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Another one of my favorite bars...

interesting twist on the claimer rule:

9. Claimer Rule
    A) Any competitor that finishes 3

rd, or 2nd, in a points race is eligible to “Claim” (buy) another competitors vehicle that
    finished ahead AND turned a faster lap time by 3 (three) seconds or more for $5,000.00. The owner of claimed vehicle
    will be permitted to remove all safety, instrumentation, and driver comfort gear (seat, aftermarket gauges, radios,
    helmet blower, hydration, body temp regulators) other than roll cage. Owner of claimed vehicle has reciprocal option
    to buy claimers vehicle for $3,000 if so desired (less permitted removal items above). In the case of multiple claims on
    same vehicle, it will be awarded to highest bidder but NASA will keep any funds above $5,000.
    Example. I finish 3rd and best lap is 5 seconds slower than 1
    st place best lap. I am eligible to submit claim form for 1st
    place vehicle. I must immediately pay $5000 cash but claimed owner is permitted to pay me $3000 and take my car.
    Therefore, I bought 1
    st place vehicle but he/she now owns my car with another $2000 in their pocket.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

So you can buy a second for about $666? Assuming the 3 seconds are in the car, not the driver.

It's an interesting idea, but it runs counter to the idea of good fellowship. I can imagine the ill will it would generate in my little group of friends if one of us claimed another's car. I doubt we'd be sitting around the campfire drinking beer or going out to Up a Creek.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Get good drivers to finish just in 3rd place with lowest build possible. Buy 1st place car. But then that will most likely happen again.

I like the idea of somehow limiting builds for performance, but there's so much work to make a car reliable. Will be interesting to follow - from aside.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I'd have to think hard about which class to compete in!

how-to-draw-a-bone-step-5_1_000000040485_5.jpg

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

it's a step in the right direction to mix crapcan enthusiasm with proper racecar building. not sure if it will be successful but I'm watching.

The claimer rule died an early death in chump. It sounded good on the surface, but people hated the idea that they could lose their car.

yes, I think claimers only work well on low-variation series like you see in the circle tracks. with 20+ makes of car to pick from and so many years, sportscars are not the best fit for the rule (spec classes might be able to make it work). I DO like the concept though, insomuch as it is a way to force people to honestly operate under a certain budget cap or risk loosing the "investment."

I have been involved with at least three series with claimers. Chumpcar, we simply told John that we would not race our 10,000$ car for a 2000$ claimer. end of deal.
    My old stockcar Spencer speedway 1982-83 . 1000$ claimer. some guy came out of the stands to buy my often winning car, 72 Buick, 350, switch pitch glide, F41, rearsteered.,etc for the 1000$. I had a huge red oil light that could be seen from the stands, he asked what was the red light for?/ My answer,¨ low oil pressure". He went back in the stands.
    Most of the claimer rules are in name only and not successful.
    For a claimer to be successful, the series has to claim the winning car at every race and thus keep the bar low.IMHO
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/