Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New England Region IT EZ

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Those guys are looking for info and cant find it. Fix it.
    MM
    Uuuum...isn't that your responsibility...?

ITEZ will be invited to run the 9T9 races.
    Joey/ WRL has option for these.

https://improvedtouring.com...996#post352996
    Just for GA. R comps run the fast class.
    I stil have not seen the mission statement for this site. TIA, MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

BTW I was banned from the forum

Wait... You were banned from a forum. I can't imagine why.

You think a forum like this is going to create a mission statement???
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I think Mike should visit the Brown Board to discuss crap can.

If you say it , mean it.

GA a said to move all of the ITEZ/Crapcan discussion to here. Hassle free, to get on with it. It will be the only place that we will tolerate crapcan discussion. OK , Im good with that.
    Now I get same 5 with 50K$ IT crap that are just harassing the low end guy.
    Please Get off and go wax your race car. You don't have to read it. I don't want your input, you have gained no respect.
    The biggest issue I have is with the mission statement. If it is not to promote IT racing and SCCA touring car racing, what is it?

Comments per above does not promote any of you, your racing venue, or offer a welcoming atmosphere to the casual observer.
    Try something new. Thanks. MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Mission statement? Mission statement? We don't need no steenkin' MISSION STATEMENT!!!!

"Promotion" is not a good word for how I'd describe this forum. "Promotion" implies active work by someone trying to improve participation within something (like what you're doing with crapcan racing). I don't see that here. While some may have that as their agenda, I see this place as more of a common/paddock bullshit area where we can talk about all-things-IT.

I came from IT (and Showroom Stock). When Super Touring was made an official category - and especially when STL was an announced - I asked Mr Webmaster to create a sub-forum for a similar gathering place for ST-related topic, since ST had no other place already created on the Internet and I didn't want to have to bother with a new forum (I was already heading that direction with my Integra, though it was only a Regional class at the time). After that I found myself volunteered for the committee...

Crapcan may very well find someplace similar here in the future. But right now the guerrilla tactics of its (and street tire) proponents put off a lot of people. Notice that I never ever try to "promote" ST in lieu of participation in IT; I don't lure one from the other. In fact, I personal supported distinct regs changes - such as the weights of the 13B in STL inclusion of IT regs in STL - so as to not create an either/or situation and/or force a competitor to have to do one or the other.

In addition, crapcan already has places on the Internet. For us to create another one would be in direct contrast to the work those folks are already doing and would split the community.

We welcome crapcan into IT, and are now beginning to include them in our ranks, but we do not try to encourage them to give up prior allegiances, nor do we offer to change our regs to make them competitive.

There's distinct differences there that, once realized, will make co-existence a lot more tolerable.

- GA

If you say it , mean it.

GA a said to move all of the ITEZ/Crapcan discussion to here. Hassle free, to get on with it. It will be the only place that we will tolerate crapcan discussion. OK , Im good with that.
    Now I get same 5 with 50K$ IT crap that are just harassing the low end guy.
    Please Get off and go wax your race car. You don't have to read it. I don't want your input, you have gained no respect.
    The biggest issue I have is with the mission statement. If it is not to promote IT racing and SCCA touring car racing, what is it?

Comments per above does not promote any of you, your racing venue, or offer a welcoming atmosphere to the casual observer.
    Try something new. Thanks. MM
    Mike,

You have some great ideas and i appreciate your passion for the crap can racing and promoting it....... but trying to ram it down our throats on an IT forum is not the way to do it. Greg has volunteered to take on this site and make it better for us (IT racers). Stop hasseling him and everyone on this site who disagrees with you........ which seems to be just about everyone. This is an IT site.............
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Default don't forget the past lest you relive it in the future!

Consider that you should not brand as !HERETICS! those that speak of a cheap, entry level, attractive touring car racing on a kind of DOT approved tire (TW180?).

Some of you are in denial of whence you came from

And some of you display behavior a historian might consider to be the arrogance and effetism that was directed at improved touring at it's genesis.

Shame on you!!
    phil hunt

Heretic - noun - a person believing in or practicing religious heresy.

Heresy - noun - a belief or opinion that does not agree with the official belief or opinion of a particular religion

Religion - noun - an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

Ergo...

Heretic - a person believing in or practicing an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to them but does not agree with the official belief.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary

No guidance from the Chicago Manual of Style on if/when the capitalization and leading and trailing exclamation points are required.

Default Reality-what a concept

get a life

Happy to help you with your vocabulary, but concepts may be too much of a learning for you.
    Last edited by pfcs; 01-20-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    phil hunt

You need to get a grip Phil, nobody is telling anyone they can not run an IT car at any prep level they like. Nobody is saying 180TW tires are a bad thing.

What gets old is the same person going on every forum they can sign up for and preaching his version of utopia and anyone who disagrees is a jerk? Now if we actually build a nice car over the years we are a waxer? With all due respect Mike, go screw yourself. Your main interest in all of this is to rent more cars, so lets be honest. You want everyone to come around to your business model so your crap can cars are more viable to rent. Every post you make is either advertising your book or your rentals. Greg should charge you for your posts.

ITEZ is a great idea that many region leaders would use including myself. You however make me want to not have anything to do with this whole mess.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Modern facts. By discussing crap cans, Chumpcar whatever on these forums. guess what? . The discussion comes up in many search engines regarding said topic.
    By increasing visibility of SCCA IT racing and ITEZ racing , we may get one or two new faces to run their cars with SCCA.
    By adding visibility and making others aware of SCCA as a possible venue to race their cars, all parties benefit.
    By having all of the non welcoming replies, you are cutting off your own noses.
    Really if you don't want to race ITEZ, you don't have to reply!! move on. Iget PMs and emails about the Ahole s on the SCCA board, " I guess that they really don't want us hungh"

Oh well, good thing that we have NASA,Lemons, Chumpcar, WRL .
    yes, take a look at this http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/event...-2-hour-sprint.

That is all. I have 5 race cars that are rented for many venues/sanctions.

Some new renters, IE Barber, Russell, graduates have never heard of IT racing. But they know about SM and lemons.

I really don't care overall. I have offered my help to promote SCCA racing and believe that SCCA has very poor promotional dept.
    I was wrong about the mission statement for this site- and without promotion being P 1, than the site itself has little to live for.
    IT racers have moved on, SM has many , vintage has many, prod, Chumps etc.
    Racers with opportunity /cash move to venues and situations that make them happy. Racers like to race close and for a reasonable cost . IT racing has moved away from all of those with fewer cars and the same cost as a SM.
    Just changing the rule for allowing electric FI for all injected cars and open ECU added 1000-2000$+- for the 3 -4HP return.
    I built the first 3 VW ITB cars for 2000$ or less .
    I will go back to patent research/writing/racing and leave you 10 guys alone.
    MM
    PS how is ITEZ racing in the NE going to affect any rentals that I have here in FL?
    My book does fine thanks .
    Last edited by Flyinglizard; 01-20-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Default Seckerick-you may be right

Perhaps I am over-reacting. Mike often resembles a self-promoting troll. I hope that's not the case.
    However, there are other well respected members of this forum that are expressing more than casual interest in the possibilities of DOT approved TW180 tires. They shouldn't be discounted!
    "Crapcan may very well find someplace similar here in the future. But right now the guerrilla tactics of its (and street tire) proponents put off a lot of people." Amy
    "Mike" is not plural.
    Also, some of Greg's comments come off as petty and arrogant-just the sort of behavior that discourages constructive discourse, as exhibited in my prior post. (and thanks for reminding me)
    If Mr Amy is going to control this board, he's better learn to leave his ego at the door.

EDIT-Oh yeah! I apologize and am sorry
    Last edited by pfcs; 01-20-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    phil hunt

I think Mr Hunt is missing the smilies at the end of my post...

I truly wish you guys luck. Christianity only started with 11 apostles, but he had to conquer the world; you two only have to conquer one Internet forum. And we don't even have any lions...

<---- Just in case you missed it...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I think Mr Hunt is missing the smilies at the end of my post...

I truly wish you guys luck. Christianity only started with 11 apostles, but he had to conquer the world; you two only have to conquer one Internet forum. And we don't even have any lions...

<---- Just in case you missed it...
    Let me amend my replies:
    Greg, your obviously dismissive attitude towards anything you don't like is unattractive in the least and in a greater sense, a deterrent to healthy problem solving on this board.
    Also, your apparent inability to read and comprehend simple grade school grammar is at question: "However, there are other well respected members of this forum that are expressing more than casual interest in the possibilities of DOT approved TW180 tires" There IS a distinction between singular and plural! I am not a "members". However, Steve Blethem, Chip 42, Dave Gran, Raymond B, and I believe, even myself, are some who have posited the radical possibility of improving the racing and the economy with TW180 tires.
    And please don't deign to marry someone you don't know (me) to anyone who I don't know ("Mike often resembles a self-promoting troll. I hope that's not the case")
    I will now retire from this bullshit.
    phil hunt

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs View Post
    Perhaps I am over-reacting. Mike often resembles a self-promoting troll. I hope that's not the case.
    However, there are other well respected members of this forum that are expressing more than casual interest in the possibilities of DOT approved TW180 tires. They shouldn't be discounted!
    "Crapcan may very well find someplace similar here in the future. But right now the guerrilla tactics of its (and street tire) proponents put off a lot of people." Amy
    "Mike" is not plural.
    Also, some of Greg's comments come off as petty and arrogant-just the sort of behavior that discourages constructive discourse, as exhibited in my prior post. (and thanks for reminding me)
    If Mr Amy is going to control this board, he's better learn to leave his ego at the door.

EDIT-Oh yeah! I apologize and am sorry
    No problem Phil. I know your background. I like ITEZ, great to give drivers a place to run with SCCA. I added an IT catch all class to our Charlotte race to accomodate the chump cars in our night enduro.

I just have a problem with getting beat up non stop unless I agree with Mikes view of the world. I disagree that you can not run IT today just as cheaply as you ran it many years ago. Can you win in some of the faster classes with a $2500 dollar car, no. Can you have some fun racing with a good group of drivers, yes. I also disagree with the "perception" that Chump is a $500 dollar class and know full well the dollars that many have in the cars. It is a Pirates Code type of racing where you basically have to be the best at slipping something by the officials to win. I get it, and would run one in a minute and have a blast.

I do disagree with Mike saying he is helping IT racing with his repeated posts, he is not. Search engine or not, all he does is bash the current IT and try to recruit for Chump or Lemons. Non welcome replies are aimed at your views, not Chump, etc. We had a long discussion at our SE divisional meeting this weekend about them and reaction was positive. You see and hear what you want, but reality is different.

Back to waxing now.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs View Post
    Greg, your obviously dismissive attitude towards anything you don't like is unattractive in the least and in a greater sense, a deterrent to healthy problem solving on this board.
    Your concerns - and your apparent lack of attraction to me - have been duly noted.

"However, there are other well respected members of this forum that are expressing more than casual interest in the possibilities of DOT approved TW180 tires"
    "Mike often resembles a self-promoting troll. I hope that's not the case"
    I believe you are confusing me with someone else. I did not write these sentences. Nor - until this moment, at least - did I harbor such sentiments.

But keep going.

However, Steve Blethem, Chip 42, Dave Gran, Raymond B, and I believe, even myself, are some who have posited the radical possibility of improving the racing and the economy with TW180 tires.
    You missed Kirk Knestis; he's a big fan of them, too. And, of course, Mike (how in the heck did you forget about Mike...?)

It's way wicked cool you're trying to "improve the economy" with TW180 tires (is the President aware of this?) but I think you're confusing "opportunity" with "mandate":

"Opportunity" - I can run with TW180 tires in Improved Touring and IT-EZ.

"Mandate" - Since I want to run on TW180 tires, you must change the Improved Touring and IT-EZ regs so that everyone must run on them. It's for the children, after all, and if you don't do it then the terrorists win.

IT-EZ fits "opportunity" quite well. Incredibly well. But you're smoking crack if you think convincing little-ole-me me of that point is going to change a nationwide set of regulations (what's the status on your letter to Topeka for that?)

I'm flattered, however, that you give me that kinda credit.

I will now retire from this bullshit.
    I kinda doubt that. But I wait in anticipation.

- GA

Man, you guys READ what Mike writes!?

My eyes just glaze over. Grammar something something, not getting the message across.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Man, you guys READ what Mike writes!?

My eyes just glaze over. Grammar something something, not getting the message across.
    I have a translator that simply replaces with "IT Sux, Chumpcar Rules!" I'm thinking about rewriting it to ITSCCR to save space.

Seriously, I appreciate his enthusiasm, but I consistently see him bash IT and promote Chumpcar. And his only plan to "save" SCCA is by remaking it in the CC image. Any claim that he promotes or helps SCCA in general and IT in particular is simply not true in my opinion.
    Last edited by jumbojimbo; 01-20-2014 at 04:33 PM.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.