Thread: New England Region IT EZ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have emailed this thread to the new Area 12 Director; Chief Steward for the Roebling Road Driver's School, and the new Atlanta Region RE, with a suggestion that the SEDIV adopt the NER's IT-EZ class. I'm only one voice out in the wilderness, so if you are interested in seeing this happen in SEDIV add your voice to the proposal by contacting your Area Director, RE, etc.
    JOHN E. FINE
    2012 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2011 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2010 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by ITC69 View Post
    I have emailed this thread to the new Area 12 Director; Chief Steward for the Roebling Road Driver's School, and the new Atlanta Region RE, with a suggestion that the SEDIV adopt the NER's IT-EZ class. I'm only one voice out in the wilderness, so if you are interested in seeing this happen in SEDIV add your voice to the proposal by contacting your Area Director, RE, etc.
    I think that Atlanta already has something like this with their ITX class. Not sure all the details, as it's not really my place to know. But what I do know is that a couple of cars have shown up for the past couple years, including the ARRC, to run this class. The guys that do it have been having a lot of fun. The one team has a couple past ARRC winners on it, then they have another team mate or two multi-dip the car in different races and the PDX. That's sort of the idea behind the Chump cars, they get used among a team. Whether it's in sprints or enduros, I think the plan is sound.

My car is sort of on the border between an IT car and a Chump, and I've run it in both venues. My fun also comes from sharing it with friends. It also runs on the ice in winter and the occasional autocross, and almost always has a different guest driver or three.

As Mickey is alluding to, I think it would be a good idea to try to advertise this a little. Even if it's just banners on the race cars like what Chip was pitching. When the cars move around to different venues, as mine does, it may generate some interest.

I don't care about the tires at the end of the day. Run what you want. If they are Chump cars, they will want to stay on streets probably, just because the Chumpy setup will be better on the lower grip tires. If not, then they'll run what they had.

Will