Thread: New England Region IT EZ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    The class name is very good. Many wont run in a class called "crap can" . They just think too much of their cars and self image. ( whippersnappers).
    To be honest I always felt the name crapcan was snoby and kind of an insult. I am GLAD we did not follow in that footstep, its not inviting at all.

IMHO the themes and crap stuck on cars, is a self solving non problem. The goofy theme guys are "lemonheads" and counter serious racing . Those guys and cars wont show up.
    In the NER area I don't think Chump is very big. Lemons has two well attended events at NHMS though so we need to cater to them a bit if we can. We should also try and get some of the NH circle track guys in as well. They actually have an endurance series that travels to Lee, Star, Manadnock and even races at loudon on the road course at least once a year. I met a guy at a test day last year...

I think that the most important part of the initial statement was about the driver ,"IT‐EZ is designed to provide a way for drivers to earn an SCCA racing license and race in regional ".
    Is this an evolution of the CRX? Can Crap canners run with out a prior school? On a novice permit?
    I am interested to hear more on this as well.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    To be honest I always felt the name crapcan was snoby and kind of an insult.
    "ChumpCar"

"LeMons"

"
    Used Car Racing"

Are the terms only 'racist' if you're not of the same race....?

GA, who knows that only a coon-ass can call a coon-ass a coon-ass...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    In the NER area I don't think Chump is very big. Lemons has two well attended events at NHMS though so we need to cater to them a bit if we can. We should also try and get some of the NH circle track guys in as well. They actually have an endurance series that travels to Lee, Star, Manadnock and even races at loudon on the road course at least once a year. I met a guy at a test day last year...
    it is a prime time to take advantage of this as a region, Lemons lost a NHMS date and Chump has a Thompson date...there will be lechumps looking for seat time locally...I think the series you are talking about is the Northeast Ministock Tour and while it would be great to try to pick them up most of those cars wont pass SCCA tech.
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

Quote Originally Posted by georgethefierce View Post
    it is a prime time to take advantage of this as a region, Lemons lost a NHMS date and Chump has a Thompson date...there will be lechumps looking for seat time locally...I think the series you are talking about is the Northeast Ministock Tour and while it would be great to try to pick them up most of those cars wont pass SCCA tech.
    I did the last Lemons race at NHMS. There were 142 entries. I could see at least a third of the cars fitting into this new category.

We could run them with the "Wings & Things" run group so they get the track to themselves.

Abhi

Apparently it's more socially acceptable to put your crap in a can than it is to put your shit in a box.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!