Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
snip.........I have never run over or had anything fall off of a Chumpcar that was not a racing part, exhaust, splitter etc. That has been very seldom considering the amount of laps and cars.

I think that the most important part of the initial statement was about the driver ,"IT‐EZ is designed to provide a way for drivers to earn an SCCA racing license and race in regional ".
Is this an evolution of the CRX? Can Crap canners run with out a prior school? On a novice permit?
How can we get this into the SE area?
Well done. MM
i have had more "issues" running with Prod cars at National/Major events with oil being dumped on the track. i think they should be referred to as "Oil Can" racing and subject to banning.

regarding licensing, i know of at least one fellow LeMons racer that applied for and got a full license (not a novice license) based on his LeMons racing, his status as a Honda event instructor and recommendations from SCCA driver/members. he went the alternate licensing route through Atlanta region and went to IT Fest this past year and loved it.

it is my understanding that without the SCCA member recommendation, he would have received a Novice permit. all i know is that with his ~100 track days as a driver and instructor and his ~ 12 hours of actual wheel to wheel LeMons racing, his level of experience vastly exceeded mine (two classic driver school weekends) prior to going wheel to whell in SCCA.