Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New England Region IT EZ

one very important thing we(NER) do is give everyone an opportunity to play.
    So, whether you drive a FV, GT1 or IT car, you will get track time.
    If we were to run...say a Miata only event we could give you 8 hours of track time as well........ but....how much are you willing to pay
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    LOL - If you haven't tried the latter, you should. It's NOT "real racing" but it can be a hell of a lot of fun.

K
    Yep, I ran lemons, I enjoyed it.
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    one very important thing we(NER) do is give everyone an opportunity to play.
    So, whether you drive a FV, GT1 or IT car, you will get track time.
    If we were to run...say a Miata only event we could give you 8 hours of track time as well........ but....how much are you willing to pay
    Entry fee at Lime Rock for 8 hrs is $500. How much is a regional costing this year at that track ? I guess it all depends on what someone is looking to get out of the sport.

I competed in the 24hr. at VIR in August in a miata. Cost of rental $700 everything included, 5 drivers, I drove 10.5 hrs (race) & 1hr practice. To rent a car is very cost effective. Finished top 20, in a 100 car field. We completed all 24 hrs with no damage or breakage. Never got hit or hit another car. Like I said some like sprints and some enduros
    Last edited by slopok; 01-08-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    This proposal isn't trying to address that need. There's been interest expressed by folks wanting to sprint race their LeMons/Chump cars; NER is trying to find a way to help that happen.

K
    Chump Car does have a sprint series & drifting.

Entry fee at Lime Rock for 8 hrs is $500.
    Where is this? There's a new enduro series which will be hosting an event at LRP in March (bleh!) which the entry fee will be $1,500 for 9 hours.

Cost of rental $700 everything included, 5 drivers, I drove 10.5 hrs (race) & 1hr practice.
    Name of rental? That's insane. Sign me up!

You drove 10.5 hours and others only a total of about 3?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

http://www.chumpcar.com/endurance/events.php

WGI, May 23-25, 6-8-6 hrs for 1300$
    LRP, July 21, 8hr @ 500$
    Typical rental is $700-900 per driver with 2 stints per race.

Our Nissan 300 is 900, the Golf is 800.
    ( Idont run the Turbo anymore for the races just for track days
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Where is this? There's a new enduro series which will be hosting an event at LRP in March (bleh!) which the entry fee will be $1,500 for 9 hours.

10.5 has to be for the whole car....I got (2) 2 hour stints in a rental for around $700 at a Lemons race...

He said it was for the VIR 24 hr enduro.

Too bad the Glen event doesn't during the evening. I'd be all over that.

That LRP event is temping to do just as a test and tune event. What's the max stint a person can do? Although with the number of cars probably being entered and how short LRP is, it'll probably just be one major traffic jam?
    Last edited by gran racing; 01-08-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    Dave Gran

The Chumpcar races have been very "racable" and not overly busy after the first hour or so.
    Put yourself in smart places and it goes pretty well.
    I have good faith in The eastern Guy, Mike Chisek,( and crew), to run a good race.

I dont remember anyone running WGI in the dark.
    Might be a sound thing or Nascar deal .
    Daytona, Road Atlanta and many more run dark. The younger drivers can pick up extra stints in the dark and rain as us old critters cant see .
    Regardless; it is a pretty good deal and tough to compete with.

SCCA has to have a good product , enjoyable and fill a market gap.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Include the Crapcan forum and maybe the IT cars also running Prod..
    The active count is way low here now, tough to get much lower. Add the new markets and see what happens.

Figure out the add price and let me know.

Thanks, MM

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    I dont remember anyone running WGI in the dark. Might be a sound thing or Nascar deal.
    We used to run the IMSA Firehawk 24 Hours there ("real" 24 hours, no breaks), back in the late-80s/early-90s. - GA

Adding those forums to the existing list doesn't cost any additional money- it's about the riff-raff we'll be attracting if we do that...
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

I'm trying to figure out how they can host an 8 hour enduro for $500 per car at LRP. Is the max car count set by LRP or the hosting club? And what will the max amount of cars be for this event?
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Include the Crapcan forum and maybe the IT cars also running Prod..
    Aren't there already crapcan forums out there? How would adding another one be of any value? It would be like someone else adding an IT forum to theirs.

The active count is way low here now, tough to get much lower. Add the new markets and see what happens.
    This is not a for-profit business; it exists solely to service the IT community. And in fact, increasing the user count is a significant DISincentive, as it would require more work for the volunteer staff...

Surely the Internet already services the CrapCan community...?

I'm trying to figure out how they can host an 8 hour enduro for $500 per car at LRP.
    LRP charges NER something like $57k per weekend, and that doesn't cover costs such as worker food.

40 cars (SCCA's limit at LRP) at $500/car is $20k revenue.

Doing it on Monday helps, I guess, as does being one day instead of two.

Can't think of any other way it could happen. Maybe LRP feels sorry for the "special needs" racing groups...?

- GA

I'm trying to figure out how they can host an 8 hour enduro for $500 per car at LRP. Is the max car count set by LRP or the hosting club? And what will the max amount of cars be for this event?
    I just checked out their site and man do they have some cheap dates....no idea how they pull that off.

Agreed. There are lots of crapcan forums out there. If this forum is about SCCA IT racing, and I believe that is what we all want it to be save a few, then let's stay on point. Put the NASA stuff on NASA forums, crapcan stuff on crapcan forums.

Agreed, and there are general forums for those that want to debate the virtues among a mixed group. While it would be NICE to have an active forum of lots of IT racers, I think it's more important to keep the signal to noise ratio up, and keeping the boards focus aimed at it's goals of servicing the IT community is a good way to do that.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Never mentioned March. 1 driver did not want to drive at night, He got sick anyways so it didn't much matter he put in 2.5 hrs. I took his slots. The 3 other drivers drove the remaining 11 hrs. This was just the second race for this team so the 4 other drivers really did not know what to expect. Given the temperature was a high of 106 and low of 88 these guys all did a great job for their first real 24 hr.
    Last edited by slopok; 01-08-2014 at 09:05 PM.

He said it was for the VIR 24 hr enduro.

Too bad the Glen event doesn't during the evening. I'd be all over that.

That LRP event is temping to do just as a test and tune event. What's the max stint a person can do? Although with the number of cars probably being entered and how short LRP is, it'll probably just be one major traffic jam?
    I have been told that Lime Rock is sold out already. We have our entry in and paid in full. 2 hr max for 1 driver and it is closely watched.
    Last edited by slopok; 01-08-2014 at 08:58 PM.