Chumpemons has very few rules. One is safety the other is tires.
Racing is all about applied HP. If you are not matted on the gas , the 400Hp does you no good. Shitty tires wont let you mat the pedal as soon.
Low grip tires do even up the pack by limiting applied HP.. both accelerating and stopping. The big power cars take a much longer time to get past a faster exiting lighter car. Shitty tires also stop longer but the overall pack is pretty similar. Lower grip= better racing for a lot of reasons. Spring rates are lower, shocks less important, blah blah ..
More grip simply cost more to run, brakes, fuel, tires, suspension all cost more at higher G loads.
The extreme example of this is ice racing where many cars are door to door for many laps with a huge sample of HP levels.

As noted if the 180TW is not popular, it is easy to change. But very hard to change to a 180 Rule if anyone has R tires.

Every venue that has gone to a faster, more expensive tire has seen a decrease in racers. (SM has new well funded blood) but many SM guys are also running STL or EP to get away from the crack.

AS far as SCCA Chumpemons,promotion goes. You will get banned from the CC forum for discussing any other venue. FB is pretty good, "Grassroots" is best. Print ad in Road and track, grassroots. a nice little PR sent someplaces.

The real issue I see is that we have very few races with any lead time to get the word out. CC post their schedule on their web site in NOV. for the next year.
I was trying to gather some dates but you have to look all over the net to find any SCCA dates.

Compare the Chumpcar site to any site that SCCA has. Right on the home page is the schedule for all to see. There is no easy access to our SCCA schedule.
We need a "SCCA Touring Car"( or EZ Touring car") home site that is simple with 10 doors or less, with a nationwide schedule on the front page. A 1 click page for the overview of our racing program.
I think that each category should have it's own official site, promoting their own agenda. Prod, GT, Touring, EZTC?
WE have so many people/regions involved it just gets sloppy to find anything. Look at the NASA 25 hr? good coverage , big ads.

When I posted my "crap can rules". My hits went to over 100 per day on that page. Why? google up "crapcan racing". Now google up IT racing. next try IT EZ ,
Google "FWD racing".
"SCCA touring car" comes up with terry 's jersey challenge.
You will see why I push for the "crapcan" title , in spite of the down sides to it.

"EZ Touring Car" by SCCA. might be good.

Google is my friend.
FB page might help

WE need google to hit upon a easy to navigate site. We need a nationwide schedule and compatible rules with other sanctions for EZ cross over.

GA ,I will look in the barn for the 300TW tires for the STL car.
Raymond. I am very interested in the Rocco. I called you.
MM

Mike Ogren/ ProtechRacing
1220 Broad St.-US 41
Masaryktown,FL. 34604
352/428/8983
www.fwdracingguide.com