Thread: New England Region IT EZ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I think Mr Hunt is missing the smilies at the end of my post...

I truly wish you guys luck. Christianity only started with 11 apostles, but he had to conquer the world; you two only have to conquer one Internet forum. And we don't even have any lions...

<---- Just in case you missed it...
    Let me amend my replies:
    Greg, your obviously dismissive attitude towards anything you don't like is unattractive in the least and in a greater sense, a deterrent to healthy problem solving on this board.
    Also, your apparent inability to read and comprehend simple grade school grammar is at question: "However, there are other well respected members of this forum that are expressing more than casual interest in the possibilities of DOT approved TW180 tires" There IS a distinction between singular and plural! I am not a "members". However, Steve Blethem, Chip 42, Dave Gran, Raymond B, and I believe, even myself, are some who have posited the radical possibility of improving the racing and the economy with TW180 tires.
    And please don't deign to marry someone you don't know (me) to anyone who I don't know ("Mike often resembles a self-promoting troll. I hope that's not the case")
    I will now retire from this bullshit.
    phil hunt

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs View Post
    Greg, your obviously dismissive attitude towards anything you don't like is unattractive in the least and in a greater sense, a deterrent to healthy problem solving on this board.
    Your concerns - and your apparent lack of attraction to me - have been duly noted.

"However, there are other well respected members of this forum that are expressing more than casual interest in the possibilities of DOT approved TW180 tires"
    "Mike often resembles a self-promoting troll. I hope that's not the case"
    I believe you are confusing me with someone else. I did not write these sentences. Nor - until this moment, at least - did I harbor such sentiments.

But keep going.

However, Steve Blethem, Chip 42, Dave Gran, Raymond B, and I believe, even myself, are some who have posited the radical possibility of improving the racing and the economy with TW180 tires.
    You missed Kirk Knestis; he's a big fan of them, too. And, of course, Mike (how in the heck did you forget about Mike...?)

It's way wicked cool you're trying to "improve the economy" with TW180 tires (is the President aware of this?) but I think you're confusing "opportunity" with "mandate":

"Opportunity" - I can run with TW180 tires in Improved Touring and IT-EZ.

"Mandate" - Since I want to run on TW180 tires, you must change the Improved Touring and IT-EZ regs so that everyone must run on them. It's for the children, after all, and if you don't do it then the terrorists win.

IT-EZ fits "opportunity" quite well. Incredibly well. But you're smoking crack if you think convincing little-ole-me me of that point is going to change a nationwide set of regulations (what's the status on your letter to Topeka for that?)

I'm flattered, however, that you give me that kinda credit.

I will now retire from this bullshit.
    I kinda doubt that. But I wait in anticipation.

- GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    You missed Kirk Knestis; he's a big fan of them, too. And, of course, Mike (how in the heck did you forget about Mike...?)

It's way wicked cool you're trying to "improve the economy" with TW180 tires (is the President aware of this?) but I think you're confusing "opportunity" with "mandate":

But I wait in anticipation.

- GA

Hey, dont forget about the IT7 guys in NER. We obviously havent been vocally offensive enough in the last 9 pages......

You all need to buy RX7 and run on Nittos from Walmart says the crystal ball.... Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Wow...religious references, street tires, Greg quoting the dictionary, a variety of sand filled manginas, Crapcan, STL, Chump, the economy, poor grammar, sarcastic smilies, and no mission statement for IT.com (mission statement? mission statement? )
    Did I miss anything in the Cliff's Note version?
    Must be January in New England.
    Carry on....
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Steph

Must be January in New England.
    Nailed it!

T

The funny part is we in New England get it and are putting it into action
    Jerry
    NER South

It's winter in New England.

It's snowing today.

Race car's on home lift getting Sebring Maintenance (the amount of broken s**t is fairly impressive).

Mr Webmaster is upgrading us to the 2010's.

I have beer.

What more could one ask for?

I'd have to think hard about which class to compete in!

how-to-draw-a-bone-step-5_1_000000040485_5.jpg

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

it's a step in the right direction to mix crapcan enthusiasm with proper racecar building. not sure if it will be successful but I'm watching.

The claimer rule died an early death in chump. It sounded good on the surface, but people hated the idea that they could lose their car.

yes, I think claimers only work well on low-variation series like you see in the circle tracks. with 20+ makes of car to pick from and so many years, sportscars are not the best fit for the rule (spec classes might be able to make it work). I DO like the concept though, insomuch as it is a way to force people to honestly operate under a certain budget cap or risk loosing the "investment."

I have been involved with at least three series with claimers. Chumpcar, we simply told John that we would not race our 10,000$ car for a 2000$ claimer. end of deal.
    My old stockcar Spencer speedway 1982-83 . 1000$ claimer. some guy came out of the stands to buy my often winning car, 72 Buick, 350, switch pitch glide, F41, rearsteered.,etc for the 1000$. I had a huge red oil light that could be seen from the stands, he asked what was the red light for?/ My answer,¨ low oil pressure". He went back in the stands.
    Most of the claimer rules are in name only and not successful.
    For a claimer to be successful, the series has to claim the winning car at every race and thus keep the bar low.IMHO
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Chumpcar, we simply told John that we would not race our 10,000$ car for a 2000$ claimer.
    $10,000 Chumpcar??? Thought they were supposed to be low budget.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing