Thread: New England Region IT EZ

Must be a muffled day/event that lowers the costs
    or
    a weekday

but, I don't believe you can rent one day on an un-muffled weekend
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by georgethefierce View Post
    I just checked out their site and man do they have some cheap dates....no idea how they pull that off.
    I have a little knowledge of that. Want the truth or lie ?

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how they can host an 8 hour enduro for $500 per car at LRP. Is the max car count set by LRP or the hosting club? And what will the max amount of cars be for this event?
    Chumps difficult if you're not registered with them to figure out costs, and even then, I can't figure out some additional fees..
    But, they charge for overcrew.
    And the cars allowed on track is set at 38 for SCCA, BY SCCA. In the past, HQ has granted waivers up to 42, but it's a car per mile deal.

I'm guessing Chump is fine allowing 50 on track.
    Also, I'm betting the insurance coverage isn't apples to oranges.
    So, there are some savings Cost of event to Chump) possible there.
    And Monday is far cheaper than a Fri/Sat at Lime Rock.
    No supps up at Chump for the LRP event, but July 21st has GOT to be muffled, I'd think. Unmuffled days at LRP are fiercely protected by the covenant or decree or whatever the agreement they have cast in stone with the locals..
    So, figure the track for the day is more like $17K? $500 x 50 is $25,000. Add in a bunch of passes and other fees and they are up to $30K?

Now, there's costs to getting people there from Morgan Hill CA, I'd think. Somebody has to do timing and tech, team wrangling and race officiating. Corners have to be stationed (Maybe less than SCCA does?)
    And it's a business that needs to operate in the black.

So, yea, I'd love to hear how it's done.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Event Sponsorship?
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

Quote Originally Posted by slopok View Post
    I have a little knowledge of that. Want the truth or lie ?
    yes.
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

Both lemons and Chump have a 92db sound limit. It is very nice and I have to add it to my rule set. I use the thrush #17655 with 10-30 in of pipe post muff.
    Not sure how many cars will be on track. I can find out later today.
    At small tracks , there is often a waiting list. Cars come and wait for others to blow shit up and leave the track.
    The flaggers are the same , Chump pays them and feeds them .
    The teams will pay about 600$ per car for LRP.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

So ,5 of the 20 active posters want to discourage any bleed over from any other source.
    We have regions all over the country looking for more entries and inviting new racers to join SCCA.

Add the crap can forum , nobody says that you have to look at it!
    pretty simple.
    Call it ITEZ maybe ??
    Any new trollers are good .
    If google can lead new racers here than how is that a bad thing?

The new faces may take a look at their cars ,, schedules etc and consider the IT classes or prod or STL.
    Any new interest should be encouraged, not shunned.

This reminds me of the original IT discussions. The prod guys went crazy about the Bondo falling off of the cars etc.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

The ITEZ sections sounds reasonable to me.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

As of right now, ITEZ is a New England Region initiative. We already have an ITEZ thread in the Northeast Division sub-forum. If ITEZ goes national, and needs to have a separate sub-forum to service multiple discussion threads, then that can be a consideration for the future.

But now? ITEZ has generated all of four pages of discussion. In a regional sub-forum.

If needed, I can move the ITEZ thread from the "Northeast Division" sub-forum to "Rules & Regs" or "General Discussion". Or even "Endurance Racing." Just let me know where you'd like it to be.

- GA

P.S. How would you IT guys feel if someone in an existing crapcan forum started a completely separate Improved Touring sub-forum within their forum? Wouldn't your first reaction be "why are they trying to fraction off IT-related discussion to a different place???" I certainly would. So, given that, why should be try to create a CrapCan sub-forum to fraction off their discussion to here...?

Accommodating crapcan within the SCCA IT group is one thing; trying to co-opt their movement is something totally different.

Endurance racing
    ITEZ has been posted on the CC forum already. The PNW has also been talked about( ITJ.) Many cars can cross over.
    BTW I was banned from the forum there for posting the rules on my site. That has passed and The headdick/guy in charge has moved on.

Understand that many new racers have not heard of the SCCA at all . That is why we need to bait them with a crap can , ITEZ forum . The cars and people are not that dissimilar.
    Simple marketing- get hits -sell product/ generate interest.
    The highest priority of any website is to promote your product to new eyes. For that to happen in our case, is to expose our products to the other racers . To do this well in modern times, it has to generate google hits .Meta tags/ headings etc.
    More hits= better .

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    The highest priority of any website is to promote your product to new eyes.
    I think you're missing the entire point of this web site/forum.

Says Mr. STL and how we have a Super Touring sub forum which exists on Improved Touring's chat forum. Besides, CrapCan is not run by SCCA. Not the same discussion here.

The hope with ITEZ if for it to expand beyond just the NER. After posting the announcement on my site, I was contacted by multiple regions stating they are doing something very similar. I've also spoken with SCCA national and will be again about it. Besides, that at least is a subset of IT.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Says Mr. STL and how we have a Super Touring sub forum which exists on Improved Touring's chat forum.
    So? What's your point?

However, to counter that rather rude and insulting implication, point out to me one of the "other" numerous Super Touring forums on the Internet...?

The hope with ITEZ if for it to expand beyond just the NER.
    As I noted above, if and when that happens, it can be a consideration for the future. Right now the number of ITEZ cars that have entered an SCCA race is exactly...zero.

Dave, you own your own web site, domain name(s), and you have the capability and knowledge to build it. Go create your own Crap Can forum, promote and develop it, and make it successful. There is NO ONE stopping you from creating a CrapCan forum...if it's so important, why aren't you? Why isn't Mike (who, you should note, has a deep financial conflict of interest in the success of CrapCan)?

Note I ain't the only one here unhappy about all the BS from the CrapCan and Street Tire cultists. Or the only one that is finding it more than just a little tiring.

- GA

Endurance racing
    ITEZ has been posted on the CC forum already. The PNW has also been talked about( ITJ.) Many cars can cross over.
    BTW I was banned from the forum there for posting the rules on my site. That has passed and The headdick/guy in charge has moved on.

Understand that many new racers have not heard of the SCCA at all . That is why we need to bait them with a crap can , ITEZ forum . The cars and people are not that dissimilar.
    Simple marketing- get hits -sell product/ generate interest.
    The highest priority of any website is to promote your product to new eyes. For that to happen in our case, is to expose our products to the other racers . To do this well in modern times, it has to generate google hits .Meta tags/ headings etc.
    More hits= better .
    Please go create your own CrapCan forum and leave this one alone.

Moved discussion to "General" and stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

Note I ain't the only one here unhappy about all the BS from the CrapCan and Street Tire cultists. Or the only one that is finding it more than just a little tiring.

- GA
    Nope, you ain't.

Ron "Who's hoping in the next version of IT.com we kill advertising signatures of members and delete advertising posts"

Drink a bit too much coffee yesterday Greg? lol

I don't care about CrapCan but do the the initative that Dick and other regions are doing directly related to IT and the "EZ" aspect. It's not about street tires; that isn't in the required rule set for what many regions have said they're going with. Don't do it? Fine.

P.S. How would you IT guys feel if someone in an existing crapcan forum started a completely separate Improved Touring sub-forum within their forum? Wouldn't your first reaction be "why are they trying to fraction off IT-related discussion to a different place???" I certainly would.
    What was my point? Just going based on what you said and maybe, just maybe both Super Touring and ITEZ have their value. If it didn't get used, really not a big deal. I'm not pushing hard for this at all, but don't see the harm in it either.
    Dave Gran

banter .
    Wait...wut? There's actually other forums out there for crapcan racing? Holy keerist...that changes EVERYTHING!!!!

Those guys are looking for info and cant find it. Fix it.
    MM