Thread: January 2014 Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The 4 spd tranny I believe is in ITC, same motor with 5 spd is in ITB.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    The 4 spd tranny I believe is in ITC, same motor with 5 spd is in ITB.
    different motor.

to will - yes, I was listing only "bodies" that are seen in multiple classes. each class has a specific motor

Not really a different motor; just an intake gasket.

... which must be there in ITC, thus it meets the D15B1 not D15B2 specs. same mechanicals? I'm not sure, but I know there are enough B2s in the world that I wouldn't sweat it.

A TSX at 3175 in ITS??????? Wut? An E46 325 is at 3000, with a rear-drive chassis, more displacement, and equally variable valve timing with the ECU cracked.

The process came up with this weight how? 500+lbs more than the ITR listing?
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by preparedcivic View Post
    A TSX at 3175 in ITS??????? Wut? An E46 325 is at 3000, with a rear-drive chassis, more displacement, and equally variable valve timing with the ECU cracked.

I'm going with "More stock Horsepower" for $1000, Rob....

Quick search shows 205 for the tsx, and the ITS E46 has 181 hp. Can't remember the ITS factor off the top of my head, but I THINK it's like 12 or so, so 12 x 25 is...a lot. 300 actually. Fold in other adders (FWD, possibly struts? ) though and the weights get closer.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    I'm going with "More stock Horsepower" for $1000, Rob....

Quick search shows 205 for the tsx, and the ITS E46 has 181 hp. Can't remember the ITS factor off the top of my head, but I THINK it's like 12 or so, so 12 x 25 is...a lot. 300 actually. Fold in other adders (FWD, possibly struts? ) though and the weights get closer.
    My frame of reference comes from the AutoTechnic E46's, and the whp of those cars at 3000. The chassis probably come out even, with double wishbones but with front drive on the Acura and struts and rear drive for the BMW.

A 535lb delta between ITR and ITS seems strong, especially since S is limited to 7" wide wheels.
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by preparedcivic View Post

I stand corrected. I'd gotten my BMW Hps crossed up. The 323 has a stock rating of 168/181t as James points out. It's weighted at 3000 in ITS, unrestricted.

it's actually 2.5L, so it gives up a little to it's big brother, displacement wise. I'm unsure as to the casting differences, the intake and similar differences, but the big brother put 217 to the wheels (as near as we can ascertain without the guys with the info crying "No way!") and was rated stock at 179.
    That engine was known to be underrated from the factory. It wouldn't surprise me that the 323 (mis- labeled as it was actually a 2.5) was wink wink, nudge nudge, a tad conservatively rated as well. But, all things being roughly equal, 22o wheel would be pretty strong.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I'm a fan of the 323 having spent a great many races watching the rear bumper of the auto tech its cars from my 968 ITR car. Rob and Jeff are both excellent drivers. Pretty close power to my car.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion