BEst rain tire for the IT7 is by far the dirt stocker. Don't let the bias ply aspect scare you. When its that wet, the bias ply feeling is lost in the sauce.

"Best intermediate" is an interesting question, because "intermediate conditions" are NEVER stable. You need the tire that will be best for the majority of the race. Seeing the future is key. On a drying track, thats not super hot, A compounds can work great.

On a wetish track, when the radar shows more showers coming (Radarscope app for iPhone: $9.99) then chilling on dirt stockers until the skies open can be the right move.. But again the key question is WHEN will the skies open? can be the right move.

You'll notice I didn't name a 'true' intermediate tire. Thats because I think it's the LEAST important category to have. I wanted sets of (4 sets) : Low cycle R compound race rubber. higher cycle R compound race rubber (practice and times when competition is light), true wets (dirt stockers) , and A compound qualifying and cold damp track tires.