Let me be VERY clear that the STC idea I'm peddling is all about making racing cheaper for the guys who AREN'T fighting for a championship.

I have NO desire to change IT rules to a new, higher TW number. I ENCOURAGE those of you out there who are less competitive and happy with your level of effort (i.e. you aren't winning and you are ok with that) to try the 180+ tires because A: they are cheaper, and B: they last longer, making them cheaper still, and C: they are just as much fun. because FUN is why the guy I'm talking to is doing this.

I'm not approaching ISC, Flatout, The Keane Bro.s, Dave Boles, or other championship contenders of any region about this. because they have the skills, the car, the wallets, and the drive to win. to them I say "go get 'em". to guys like me who simply aren't there yet, or have past that point in our hobby and are just out there having fun and not getting in the way, I say "here's a sticker, lets run STC!" and so far, they like the idea.

could someone sign up with a top level car and dominate us all? yes. but how is that different than now? I'll give you a clue: it's not. the "core" Street Tire group still wins because we're still running door to door and having fun, but on cheaper equipment, meaning we can do it more often. all we're racing for is fun. we identify ourselves and set up a sub points system just to spice it up a little. we don't even have ashtrays to fight for, just bragging rights at the beer party.

I think you are making a mountain out of a small ant mound.