Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
I don't know why you would see that as a negative Chris. With a class this young, the committees need to make changes until they feel they have hit their goals. The inclusion of the rotards was done to bolster numbers and while it gave the developers a goal because a lot of those cars entered in very developed form, it's not unreasonable to determine that 215whp is outside the target for the class, at any weight, given the way cars get spec'd into the STCS.

The new RWD adder is more in line with what IT did when they used software modeling at these HP levels.

I see these changes right in line with original goals and recent results. The only grey area will always be that the FWD cars are still very much in development so some reverse actions may need to be taken in the future but that is fine too.

My only wish for this class will continue to be modern, legal engines in chassis from any year. The combinations would be epic.
AGree with all of this but caveat on the bolded part. We didn't use "software modeling." We took a look at a program (Lapsim I think) that we didn't understand, that simpy had a box entitled "FWD," and then used that to create a POOMA weight modifier. Let's not impart any scientific reliability to what we did.

From afar, I remain interested in STL but would prefer RWD and just not sure where this going. My perception (just that -- just an opinion) is that a couple of excellent drivers in an RX8 are skewing the numbers and creating a bigger handicap for RWD cars than is necessary. Just my opinion though.