Great point that this changes at different power levels...

Also it seems that a FWD drive car often uses itself up faster, this becoming more true the higher the power level, regardless of class/category.

And while at the runoffs, I discussed this with an SCCA official involved in the rules making process... Regarding what seemed to be a steep RWD penalty in his category. I asked him, "Are you happy with a FWD car stealing every track record and having an advantage in the beginning of every race, not to mention after every restart?"

His reply with out hesitation was, "Yes."

Anyone else see something wrong with that?

Another aspect to this issue is something that we all experience when racing on track with another class. Not every car makes its speed/time in the same place. Or in other words, when that slow in the corners guy in the faster class runs you over or away from you in the straights only to hold you up in the corners... Now what if that guy was in your class?

In other words, in most situations I believe that with two cars running the same lap time with equal drivers, one FWD and one RWD, The FWD drive car will win more often.