Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
GT tube cars are legacy racing, at best. Most major, popular racing worldwide (ignoring NASCAR*) is production/tub-based. All the remaining tubeframe sillhouette cars are either hanging on by their fingernails or heavily-subsidized by manufacturers (SCCA Trans-Am, DTM, and some Continental cars come immediately to mind).

GT2 was basically (at least from my perspective) "rescued" this past year by the inclusion of tub cars (Porsche GT3, Super Touring Over) and that's got a lot of people talking about how to include tub cars in GTL.

Tubs are where it's at, baby. Now if we could only get GT2 to run on 200TTW DOTs we'd be in the money...

- GA

* And if NASCAR actually ran tub cars from their manufacturers? I'd start watching that s**t again, even the ovals...

GT2 already had the Porsche... and they actually dumped a bunch more tube cars in too. <--- No pun intended

And you are half getting your wish... if I'm reading properly, they are putting GT2/ST cars back on DOT tires. annoying... and they didn't slow down everyone that they need to, only the winner who had a car hot on his tail, so why not that car too? hmmm...