Thread: notch back rear wing question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would make a request for clarification on notchbacks as all stubby cars (not hatchbacks) seem to fall outside the 28" rule as written. So for the Fiero, X1-9, MR2 (all versions), Del-Sol. and any other true notchback could be ruled to have the wing 4" above the roofline. Right now as written I cannot think of any notchback cars that fit.

As a note on the integra.. I just looked it up and it looked like realtime was using wing similiar to the STL rule set and they were angled the traditional down. Though I do remember when they went to the RSX especially in the later years they were angling the wings up but the way the air hit them was in line with the air stream that way. But strickly form looking at them you would think they were creating lift. Might be something you can look into.

Wait your a FWD.. why do you need RWD traction? haha just kidding.

Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

I'd need to look this up in the GT-CS, but doesn't GT allow convertible cars the allowance to "Hershey Bar" or cut the windshield off and run with a half width cage? In that case the distance from end of roof to wing may not be applicable for cars with the long hood short trunk archetecture. Also, when you roll a marble down my roof, it never falls off

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    As a note on the integra.. I just looked it up and it looked like realtime was using wing similiar to the STL rule set and they were angled the traditional down.
    The STU/STL wing rules are a carryover from WC-TC. (The APR GTC-200 wing in 48" length was made specifically for the class). So yeah, you'll probably see a little bit of carryover.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7