So the last few times I've been on track, I've ran the SM in ITA. I'm really happy being back in IT, and want to convert the car over to full ITA spec car (as budget and time allow). I know the 1.6 isn't ideal, but it is what I have.

The car is a tiring crate 1.6, with a nice header on it. Other than that, it is full SM. I've finally got all the electrical bugs worked out, so that's not an issue, but I do need to go back and strip out the ABS wiring from the harness.

It has one issue, that I need to figure out a fix for... under heavy straight line braking, it feels as if it "hops" in the front. I'm thinking the bilsteins are worn and causing the hop. If that's the case, can I use the SM coilovers with Koni's, or do I need a new setup? If so, what's a good spring rate to start with?

As for the motor, does removing the emissions vacuum goodies do much, or should I even bother?

Is there a good enough gain with a Megasquirt PNP? If so, from what I've read, it's possible to eliminate the AFM from intake. Is that something allowable, doable, worth it? If not, what cold air intake do I need to look for?

Thanks!

hoop