Thread: STL weights?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Greg
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Rick, go with a type r and run in ITR as well. I think that is now eligible for STL. Maybe ask Greg first though, kinda confused on if you can do that or not but I think you could. Then we could run together again! :-)

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Rick, go with a type r and run in ITR as well. I think that is now eligible for STL.
    Intake cam non-compliant for STL....you could swap them between sessions if you wanted...

Greg, what would be the weight difference?

Stephen

STL car would be 2430+2% = 2479. ITR car is 2535? Another concern is ITR allows +.5 points compression ratio which would put the Type R at 11.1, over the STL limit of 11:1 (but, in reality, not likely to be "scrutineerable"). Finally, remember that STL allows 17x7 wheels and 225 tires, so the ITR may be over that (though unlike your car, the brakes are fine).

- GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    STL car would be 2430+2% = 2479. ITR car is 2535? Another concern is ITR allows +.5 points compression ratio which would put the Type R at 11.1, over the STL limit of 11:1 (but, in reality, not likely to be "scrutineerable"). Finally, remember that STL allows 17x7 wheels and 225 tires, so the ITR may be over that (though unlike your car, the brakes are fine).

- GA
    Wowser... looks like that could be an awesome STL car. I am thinking Geoff may be interested in this. I will chat with him this week!

also remember that a type R in ITR might be <2.0L but ITR cars aren't allowed in STL in IT trim, no matter what their displacement.

so it's an ITR car
    or and STL car
    or made compliant to both, which is really not likely given the cam.