Thread: Are 5 lug and suspension arm swaps legal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So if you have a cx could you swap in si/ex knuckles and brake booster and master cylinders since they are both civics?

Quote Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
    So if you have a cx could you swap in si/ex knuckles and brake booster and master cylinders since they are both civics?
    IMO, if they are the same chassis designation (such as DA, DC, EF, EG, etc) then I suggest you're safe. If anything outside of that then you're on your own. - GA

Quote Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
    That would be VERY SAFE decision, since in fact, you are not building a new model, just making an existing one. Other than the sunroof brackets and VIN, take a CX put the Si/EX rear suspesion, the Si/EX ABS front suspension and brake system, less motor and you have a Si/EX with ABS roller. Boom!

Now mind you, tGA is stating his opinion about mindlessly swapping parts from a DC to EG chassis. Only a protest or a technical clarification request would put that decision to rest. I do know that an EG Civic is NOT as wide as DC2 Integra even though the suspension are similar.

PS. Though, I am also known to be a "little" anal sometimes. Plus tGA is on the STAC... cough.
    Last edited by mossaidis; 10-21-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Thanks guys.

Did I miss something on 5 lug pattern hubs? I didn't see any interpretation as to whether 5 lug patterns are legal!! Please clarify?