Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Road Course in CT - 2014 - Thompson

Default New Road Course in CT - 2014 - Thompson

Last edited by Greg Amy; 01-04-2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Smaller graphic. - GA
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

looks roughly like 2.25 miles...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Looks like a fun track. Glad to see another one being built, no matter where it is..
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Most of you are too young to remember that the old Thompson road course was one of the big 5 in the 60's/early 70's......along with LRP,Bryar Motorsport Park(NHMS, now but only a great RR track then), Bridgehampton and WG.

It will be great to have another track in CT. Now this new course,LRP and NHMS will be just 2 hrs from my house in So VT.:026:

PS: should say that Bryar was at a different location in Loudon than NHMS.

Bryar was at the same location as NHMS. Turn 5 is the old turn 5 but then enters down into turn 6 backwards. after NHMS was built pavement from bryars turn 4 still existed outside turn 9 (just before turn 3 of the oval) not much else left from the old track though.

Stephen

And unlike a lot of other "start-ups" in the country, I think this one will actually come to fruition. I'm sure like LRP, it's close enough to get all the NYC guys/clubs so I have no doubt they'll have a full schedule. Do you think LRP management will get the drift and start making the costs a little more reasonable?

Some good points of discussion:

- Will it dilute our already slim worker pool?
    - Will it dilute the entries for the other tracks/events?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Where in CT is this?
    Denise VanBuren

Location, Approx half hour to 45 minutes south of Worcester off 395. Its a straight shot south from exit 10, Auburn exit off Mass Pike.

Dilute the worker pool, Not as bad as I would think. Its closer to CT,NY so they may actually drive to it, same with entries.

Its the home of the FIRST Closed/race track in SCCA. Was part of the first SCCA National Racing Program. There is Massive history associated with thisplace, Penske, Fitch, Cunningham, Donahue, Pete Morrison, all the greats have raced there. Skip Barbers First race school of any kind was done there, course was written on a napkin in the bar the nite before.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    And unlike a lot of other "start-ups" in the country, I think this one will actually come to fruition. I'm sure like LRP, it's close enough to get all the NYC guys/clubs so I have no doubt they'll have a full schedule. Do you think LRP management will get the drift and start making the costs a little more reasonable?

Some good points of discussion:

- Will it dilute our already slim worker pool?
    - Will it dilute the entries for the other tracks/events?
    A long as Skip owns LRP, you will NEVER see "more reasonable costs." We want them more than they want us. SCCA (club racing) and its ilk are nothing but the squashed bug on Skip's windshield: annoying and somewhat unavoidable.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo83 View Post
    Where in CT is this?
    Hi denise,

Is it on the other side of Ct in the northeast corner near where 84 crosses into MA
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

There's this really cool Mapquest thing on the net Chris. <ducks>
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Jeez Steph! Don't like Skip much do ya?!

I am equidistant between it and NHMS! Color me excited.....albeit a bit skeptical. I'm just saying that tracks have been dangled for so long in N.E. I am a bit jaded.

After reading the article, is there any chance that we could have an event this year? Looks like they plan on opening before the end of the season.
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    A long as Skip owns LRP, you will NEVER see "more reasonable costs." We want them more than they want us. SCCA (club racing) and its ilk are nothing but the squashed bug on Skip's windshield: annoying and somewhat unavoidable.
    I think your just a mean person.....
    He's been very good to the mohud program over the years, and has been more helpful than some may realize.
    #72 ITE Scirocco
    NARRC ITE champion 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please tell me thats sarcastic,
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please tell me thats sarcastic,
    All it takes is one trip to the mens(can't vouch for the ladies) restroom in the A paddock at LRP to see that "image" isn't high on his list.......LOL.

1stGen, she worked at LRP early '80's to early '00. From maintenance to security to management. She was the major events manager for the last couple years she was there. I don't think she's mean,and I'm married to her! . She worked with and for Skip during the time that he became sole owner and witnessed some really hair brained ideas originate with the man. If he could get anyone else to pay $1 more than we do, we'd be gone....in a heartbeat! He has no loyalty to the SCCA but loves to use and or abuse our workers...ask those in attendance at the Vintage weekend. If you really feel that he helped out MoHud, I'm just wondering what flavor the coolaid was that day.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stgen View Post
    I think your just a mean person.....
    He's been very good to the mohud program over the years, and has been more helpful than some may realize.
    No. He's right. I am mean.

I also know what I am talking about. I am very glad he was good to Mohud. If someone else wants your date and pays more $$$, please be sure to wear padded underwear so the slamming door doesn't bruise your perineum.

Oh, here: I helped you with this one. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=perineum
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

What I find funny is that you all lack a sense of humor....in fact some of you act worse than the people on the vortex or any other fanboi car site there is. Intelligent conversation would be appropriate but apparently some of us are just big children.
    Last edited by 1stgen; 01-04-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    #72 ITE Scirocco
    NARRC ITE champion 2011

Not at all! You should have seen her laughing as she composed her last post!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

I propose full thunderdome action at pocono then.......we can call it the rumble in the pines....
    #72 ITE Scirocco
    NARRC ITE champion 2011