Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ITS Camaro

That proves it can be a good looking race car. I think a Camaro could look good, even in ITS trim.

Quote Originally Posted by cjb25hs View Post
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=1&Log=0

Here you go ron it has pimpy dodge nitro yellow green paint job and its lowered!
    The elaphantitis bump on the fenders masquerading as mirror fairing was not, looking back on it, GMs best design decision....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    The elaphantitis bump on the fenders masquerading as mirror fairing was not, looking back on it, GMs best design decision....
    interestingly, it didn't raise any hairs in 1993. In contrast, at it's launch the aztec was roundly bashed. fast forward to 2013 and aztecs don't look all that weird anymore - hell they may have started a lot of the current design trends seen on hyundais, BMW GT/X6/etc..., and toward lighter, car based, higher utility "sport utilities." and the Camaro looks dated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    interestingly, it didn't raise any hairs in 1993. In contrast, at it's launch the aztec was roundly bashed. fast forward to 2013 and aztecs don't look all that weird anymore - hell they may have started a lot of the current design trends seen on hyundais, BMW GT/X6/etc..., and toward lighter, car based, higher utility "sport utilities." and the Camaro looks dated.
    So what you're saying is that you LIKE the Aztec. Hmmmmmm.....
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

as much as I *like* the X6, which is not much. just saying that it's not nearly as ugly today. I still think the rear hatch tent, center console "cooler" and luggage area amenities like inverter AC plug and stereo controls were pretty cool, though.

What little I still remember of the 3.4L v6 is that it started life as a 2.8L v6. Think early Chevy S-10. Then, it was bored to make the "new and Improved" 3.1L v6, then got bored out again to make the "newer and more improved" 3.4L v6. The 3.4L moved over to the Camaros and Firebirds and the S-10's ended up getting a 3.8 for a base engine and a 4.3L for the "big block" Neither of which flowed very much air.

I had a 83 TransAm with t tops that was so flimsy I thought I'd twist it in half trying to go around a corner. Maybe adding a cage would've helped.
    John W8

CSP10 Miata
    ITA50 Miata

John:

Yes, the 3rd Gen T-Tops were very flimsy cars. The non T-top 3rd gen stiffens up real good with a good 8 pt cage. The 4th gen can be stiffened really well with the right 8 pt cage too.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    206k on the clock, from Georgia, and a dayglo green paint job.

I wonder how many condom wrappers, french fries, gum wrappers, and 9mm brass one will find upon removal of the interior?

LOL!!!

I'd build one if I had the bucks...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"