Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
Guess I'll have to be the dissenting vote on this. IT is a power/weight class, and IMO if you can't get reasonably close to the listed weight you aren't going to be competitive against the top cars in the class. The 4th gen Camaro is going to have a tough time getting under 3,000 lbs in IT trim, much less 2680 (or even 2815 in ITR). If you just want to beat up on your local IT crew, then yeah, maybe. Our ITS cars here in the DC Region just barely outrun our top ITA cars. But in a strong ITS region (like the SE), or at the ARRC, fuggetaboutit. This is why my '02 is now a track day toy and not an ITR car.

And yeah, sucks about not being able to use the stock wheels. I actually sent a request in a couple of years ago to get that allowance in, but it was shot down.
The listed weight is based on stock hp remember, and 25% gain

If you see some of the gains with teh 3.4 that other large displacement ITS motors have seen (i.e. 40-50% or perhaps even more) then you are good to go because either you are competitive at the higher than listed weight, or the listed weight gets moved up if the ITAC gets asked to reweigh the car based on known power.

So the kicker here is the 3.4. If it can make 195-200 whp at 2700-2800 lbs, it will be competitive. Over that, gravy.