View Poll Results: Have you considered using a street tire for endurance racing?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 68.18%
  • No

7 31.82%

Thread: RST Performance Racing & Dunlop Tires to take on VIR 13hr!

Default RST Performance Racing & Dunlop Tires to take on VIR 13hr!

RST Performance Racing is happy to announce that Dunlop Tire will be sponsoring us again for the SCCA 13 hour endurance race - VIR Charge of the Headlight Brigade!!!

Driver Line Up:
    Robby Foley
    Stephen Blethen
    Raymond Blethen IV

Crew:
    DTR: Randy Schneiderheinze
    James Chafe
    Justin Abbott
    Eric Sherwin
    Greg Gillette

Our goal is to use these 4 Dunlop Direzza ZII tires for the entire race, start to finish!!! No other tire could stand the grueling abuse of 13hrs of racing and be competitive enough to keep your car at the front of the field throughout the entire race! If you haven't checked them out already please visit the entire Dunlop Tire lineup at www.dunloptire.com.

As always, please feel free to ask us about our experiences with the Dunlop Direzza ZII throughout the 2013 racing season!

Now... To keep this thread talking... Answer the poll question and discuss the following questions!

If you run endurance races, what tires do you use?

If you don't run endurance races what tire would you use?

Why would or wouldn't you consider running a street tire?

Raymond "We run the Dunlop Direzza ZII" Blethen
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 10-09-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I have a question: What kind of beer do you guys drink?

Robby is of course out of luck.

K

I've seen Ray IV drink Bud Light or some such swill, but they're still young and will learn about the good stuff....like PBR.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

I will have to step it up in the south... They have Yueingling don't they??? No worries Kirk... We did the Math, then we thought about it, changed a few numbers, put in some IT adders and subtractors and based on "the process" we think we will be buying the beer!

Raymond "Really looking forward to this event " Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    I will have to step it up in the south... They have Yueingling don't they???
    That's Northern swill, don't bring that stuff down here. NC has more breweries than you can shake a stick out, all turning out some great beer. 79 in the state, with Asheville being named best brew city in the country three years running.

I bought set to use as rains. And, well as luck would have it, it did rain last Saturday during the Goblins Go. What's my initial take? They Suck in the Rain! We never got them to grip. Between Mike and I, we spun the car 4 times in 3 sesions... the worst of which was when I lost it and went backwards at 6 into the tire wall drivers left!

When I get the time to take them off of my wheels, I will have a set of 215/50/15's for sale.

Best of luck guys!
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

that stinks...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Hoop- We haven't run them in the rain yet... Was it "intermediate" conditions or rain conditions?

The RST Performance Racing gang is on its way home... We will write up a report soon but I can report in that it was great running with the Foley father/son team as we put in another solid run on the Dunlop's against some significantly faster cars. Robby was fast and safe and Rob learned quick how different FWD and RWD are. Within a few laps he was up to speed turning some fast lap times. Tough track to learn RWD on

We ended up finishing 19th overall (out of 59) and 4th in class (out of 8) after 306 laps on 1 set of tires!

The only real bad news to report is that we owe Kirk some beer. It wasn't an expected item that we would need so it wasn't packed... what was it that you liked?

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I think Kirk prefers Miller Lite.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!