Thread: Tire failure. Again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've had 2 Hoosiers do something identical this season. Both tires were R6's bought last year. My suspicion is it is due to a combination of high tire temps and damage from curbs as both times the failure was preceded by a slightly different line through a section of curbing.

Either that or my tires were just jealous of those fancy F1 tires.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

I had a Hankook come apart a few weeks ago - first time ever to have a Hankook come apart in over 10 years of running their tire. The tire was produced last season (2012) andi have three others from that date. I'm concerned about running the other three at this point,,, I
    L be running this weekend and wil. Report back if I have any issues. ( this was on a 95 civic ex coupe in ITA)
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
    I had a Hankook come apart a few weeks ago - first time ever to have a Hankook come apart in over 10 years of running their tire. The tire was produced last season (2012) andi have three others from that date. I'm concerned about running the other three at this point,,, I
    L be running this weekend and wil. Report back if I have any issues. ( this was on a 95 civic ex coupe in ITA)
    It rained on and off all weekend, but I ran the dry tires 2 sessions. No issues. I do drive the car hard into turn 1 at Mid-Ohio and clip the inside curbing with that tire. Been doing it for years, but may need to rethink that method.
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

had another r6 lose a belt at vir tuesday... Another older one I was killing at a test day while I was instructing.

I'm betting it was just too old, and I was enjoying the curbs in turns 4 and 5 a bit too much, really