Thread: 95 ITA NEON Questions?

Default 95 ITA NEON Questions?

Hi All;
    I acquired a 95 neon set up of SCCA ITA and i'm in the process of re building the car for HPDE events. Engine is being re-built and while it's out I need to rebuild the front and rear hub/bering assemblies. Having trouble finding 5 lug ACR 10mm flanged Hubs,as mopar has discontinued this performance part. Does anyone know where used parts can be found? also can the 5 lug 8mm flanged hub be used as I can find these new?

Would also appreciate any specific info regarding neons used for ITA

Regards,
    ITA-NEON95

welcome abroad! where are you located?
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

They are no longer available. If i remember correctly napa makes a heavy duty hub that the flange is thicker than stock
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

Default Neon hubs

All of us still running Neon's pretty much have moved to PT Cruiser front axles and associated parts.

There may be an issue with spline count or something on the transaxle that you'll need to get set up but there a tons of PT parts in wrecking yards.

You also need to get on line with Neon.org or something like that because that is where all the performance stuff is in the "for sale" forum.

tbtapper
    ITA Neon no. 46

It's a pain but sourcing parts from other models is okay ONLY if they are the same specs as the OE bits. There's no allowance in IT for (for example) a "flange thicker than stock." Ultimately, compliance with the replacement part rules are the responsibility of competitors but one should do that kind of thing with eyes wide open re: legality.

K

I wouldn't say "all of us", my neon still has all stock drivetrain parts including the now 5 season old hubs.

I have to agree with Kirk that the rules are clear about replacement parts meeting OE specs of course the complexity here is that the "thicker than stock" is still thinner than the ACR design which is allowable. It creates an off scenario where the parts fall between what could be considered a wide factory tolerance.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv