Thread: Whose car was this?

Default Whose car was this?

In the land of RX7, there was once a car that got sold. It showed up at my shop with the current owner asking if I wanted it, hes moving to Chicago and knows Im into RX7s

Soooooo What should I do

All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Sorry the pic is so big.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

it7racing.com

ok so here is my idea buy it if its fast a destroy it! LOL no dont do that im just kidding. Please buy it and come race with us in ITS! Its a great group and i would love to race with you!!!
    2010 NERRC ITB Champion
    2012 NERRC ITS 3rd place
    2013 NERRC ITS 2nd

It would be interesting to see YOU in ITS....
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Dont worry Im gonna buy it. Its at a price point that if I dont, my wife would punch me in the head.

The real issue is do I want to move to ITS or stay in IT7? Tires!?!? We all saw that thread.......

Lots too think about.

Dan, Maybe Mt Washington Hillclimb

it7racing.com

You can join our 200tw class inside the ITS and ITR race group :-). ITR cars will be assigned a weight based on its power to weight as if it was in ITS...
    That's the idea so far for next year...

Stephen

Make it 180TW. I used 200 arbitrarily as a discussion point. 180 gets you lots more choices, but still hits the goals.
    Last edited by lateapex911; 08-01-2013 at 02:24 PM.

In July of 2011 someone showed up to the NHMS SCCA racing school with that car. He just bought it.

I remember the car spinning in almost every corner. Something was broken in the suspension, but he continued to drive it and I think he even completed the school. I may even have footage of a spin or two if I searched.

After all the time and effort you've put into building IT7?!?!?

Buy it, and use it as a rental or "double dip" car.
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

Quote Originally Posted by awegrzyn View Post
    In July of 2011 someone showed up to the NHMS SCCA racing school with that car. He just bought it.
    Thats the last entry in the log book, The owner now, bought it from him and ran COM for a year or so.

Thinking the deal is too good to pass on, even if I flip it. although ITS on BFG Rivals may not be that bad, still pump gas, newer suspension HMMMMMMM

it7racing.com

It *could* be the car that Al Yin bought to run with COM ....
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

Is that the same car that was up for sale in Greenwich for like 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Dont worry Im gonna buy it. Its at a price point that if I dont, my wife would punch me in the head.

The real issue is do I want to move to ITS or stay in IT7? Tires!?!? We all saw that thread.......

Lots too think about.

Dan, Maybe Mt Washington Hillclimb
    FWIW, my annual tire budget is about 2 sets of tires per year. BFG R1 takeoffs last freakin FOREVER!!
    I have a set on my car now that I've run in 4-5 double race weekends, and then just double-drove the thing with a friend at an event last weekend. There's probably 20 hours on that set and I still have tons of rubber left, and they aren't showing signs of slowing down. They're no Hoosier, but they're way better than an R888..
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Noeske View Post
    It *could* be the car that Al Yin bought to run with COM ....

Albert is a friend of ours form NH, It is the car he bought. Its a fairly decent package with a ton of spares.

I do think its was the car from Greenwich, only due to logbook pictures. Was interested who built it and why they sold it. Like was it folded in half and pieced back together with duct tape. There is a video of it bouncing off the tire wall at NHMS but thats not that bad. Thats were the friendly wavy body work is form.
    Last edited by Dano77; 08-05-2013 at 10:34 AM.

it7racing.com

If the logbook shows SCCA Driver school at NHMS in 2011 as the last entry then I can tell you the car was only scratched and banged here and there after the event.

The video I sent you is basically what I have been seeing all weekend long. That guy purchased the car and from the first lap he had handling problems. I remember seeing a broken (fully) left rear control arm or some kind of suspension component.

He probably gave up racing after that school due to all the spins and wall contact, but the car was still OK. I would not worry too much as long as the car is straight.

So I payed the money for the rig today. Gonna pick it up next week. Trailer is ful right now.

Next question, Race it or Sell It? I am thinking race it and see what becomes of the class. Who knows, maybe a 200TW race series needs some cars for 2014.

Stupid Race Cars............

it7racing.com

I said race it from the start!!! So come to ITS and play with us. And we might even get this 200tw tire thing to work for next year. Stephen Blethen and i were talking the other night as we finished the vinyl on the bimmer. I think he has a very good idea with this whole thing and it would be a fun thing to try!!!
    2010 NERRC ITB Champion
    2012 NERRC ITS 3rd place
    2013 NERRC ITS 2nd

I know one of the previous owners. He had it in 2010. He told me some history on it... PM me
    Last edited by CRallo; 08-28-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Talking

I say retrofit it with rear drums and petition ITD(inosaur) to let you run it!

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com