Thread: Head Support Seat

Default Head Support Seat

Need a new seat. Is one with the integral side head support worth it?

Anyone have them and like/dislike them?

Car is a Civic so probably no space/mounting issues.

Rory

I wouldn't race without one at this point. Make sure you have a right side net to keep your noggin between the head bolsters.

K

if you are of average build, the Offerings from OMP, momo, Sparco, cobra, racetech, etc... are very good, and some are quite affordable, too. if you don't fit those, then you should look at the ultrashield etc... aluminum containment seats.

but yeah, like Dr. K said, if you buy a seat without side support, you've really done yourself a disservice.

Sold.

I am about 6'2" and 200 lbs. Probably gonna go with a Sparco Circuit II or Pro Advan. Could probably get into the Circuit seat, but don't think I will be sorry for a little extra width.

Take a look at the distance between head supports, they vary quite a bit from seat to seat.
    Jerry
    NER South

I'm pretty conflicted about this. I was upside down a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty much impossible to get out, even with corner worker help, until the car was right-side up. I think my rib-containment seat was the primary problem, so I'm replacing that with a more open design - probably a Kirkey Intermediate. I'm now really leery of a seat design that would inhibit egress.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Thought I would follow up. Bought an OMP RPST from Ron at Discovery Parts. I tried a bunch and it came down to this OMP or the RaceTech. Money no object I liked the Racetech better. However, I still liked the OMP alot, and for about $800 dollars less, I chose the OMP.

Put it in the car and drove for the first time this past weekend and really liked it. I am going to get some additional lumbar support and/or try changing the mounting position a little bit. Would probably need that with any seat though.

If you are looking for a seat, go see Ron at Discovery Parts, located at Atlanta Motorsports Park. He will let you try seats all day if you need to with good advice and info but no pressure to buy anything.

Rory