Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Porsche 944

Sorry but I don't have a border problem where I live. But have heard about the Canadian border thing. I have never had a problem over the bill of sale thing but will take your word for it. We ship heavy equipment and cars all over the world. There are different requirements as you stated. As for PFCS I have held an SCCA license continuously for thirty years ( also membership ). In total thirty six for both. Also used to hold an IMSA license. As for knowing the risk I have written off a formula ford and suffered a fractured neck. My fault. I also had a formula continental written off by a spec racer ford on a test day. Concussion, very sore shoulders and bruising. I probably know the risk better than most
    Thanks

And as a post note just to add a little more of normal day to day risk. I worked as a firefighter / paramedic for thirty eight years.

I can tell you right now without a title NO ONE will buy that car to race unless they never leave they're state.
    Not true. I bought my ITA car and it didn't have a title. Have "known" the owner from chat forums for several years and followed the build blog.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by jamrce1 View Post
    If this is all you guys have to do maybe I should just junk it and go back to racing formula continental.
    You can't legally junk a car in CT without a title. No salvage yard will take it.

And by your logic, you cannot sell any car with a title, given that even a fully-street-legal car can be subsequently turned into a non-streetable race car after the sale (where's your proof it was streetable?) then you'd get sued when they wreck it.

Further, in CT, there's no safety/emissions inspection required for a car older than 20 years, just a VIN check against the title. I can legally register my Super Touring Light Acura Integra race car for use on the street next year, all it has to do is have matching VIN...with the title.

Sounds to me like someone needs to seek alternate advice.

GA, SCCA member and driver since 1984...oh, wait, that's 30 years! NOT a paramedic though, but I am a fire commissioner, so I'll go ask an EMT and an FF3 for legal advice about selling race cars with titles...will advise what I learn...
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 04-29-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    Not my circus...not my monkeys...

Quote Originally Posted by jamrce1 View Post
    What it means is I don't want to get sued when some dumb ass kills himself in it on the street I have a clear title. Maybe I am not familiar with new york and cali regs. I can only go by what I have know for 64 years in the state of florida. If this is all you guys have to do maybe I should just junk it and go back to racing formula continental.

If you sell this car and KEEP a clear title, the car is legally remains YOURS. The transfer of title is what releases you from liability.

Also, if this goes SCCA racing, it will need a log book. Serves pretty effectively as proof of ownership.
    Last edited by OUBob; 05-02-2014 at 10:47 PM.

I guess the lesson here is if you're selling a car and you have a title for it...sign the title over. :P