Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche 944

Default Porsche 944

Porsche 944 track day car.Koni adjustable shocks. Lowered approximatly 2". Hawk brakes at all four corners. Corbeau seat and Schroth 6 point Hans compatable red belts. Ac deleted. Very good service records. All carpeting, padding and seat removed. Nice silver paint on those areas. Can help with transport some race trades accepted$4500
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jamrce1; 09-08-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: new text

Hi where is the car?
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Default Porsche 944

The car is located in port st lucie fla. That is 146 miles south of daytona.

Default 944 track day car

This car needs a new home and i need the room. Short hop to its. Have decided to take a different route. Any interest? Let's talk

car still available?

Yes the car is still available. Had a strong looker at Sebring this weekend but no deposit. So it can be yours.

Doesn't anyone need a nice track day car? Add a roll bar and go racing. Needs a new home. IT IS NOT STREETABLE

Hey do you still have car? I'm trying to sell an 2005 Mazda RX8 49k miles, road car, but very fun on the track. I'm looking for $10k would you be willing to make a trade? The real problem is I'm in NY, your in FL right?

What's the reason it's not streetable?
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

It is a race car not a street car

Quote Originally Posted by jamrce1 View Post
    It is a race car not a street car
    What makes it a race car and not a street car? Just doesn't have a title?

Actually it has a title. Due to the modifications it is not suitable for the street so we are selling with bill of sale only. On advice of my stepbrother the attorney. Therefore it is a race car not a street car

Well Glenn yes it does when people ask questions that don't need to be asked. Why really isn't important it just isn't

actually this conversation did reveal something important. You are not willing to sign over the title. that is relevant. the title is used for more than registering the car.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Ever try to junk a car in NJ without a title?
    I still have a couple behind the shop!
    No title? At the very least a bozo move
    phil hunt

Regulations vary from state to state. It would be up to the buyer and his/her state to decide if it's streetable. Why not re-install the cat and go register it? Not everyone lives in California. Who cares if it has race pads and race springs? Every moron teenage Honda driver in NYC streets their EG with 600 lb springs. Oh... or has been in an accident before and the frame is bent? Was it stolen? Wait... my imagination is boundless. So is my paranoia. No title... it's odd move at best. It's looks like a nice car. Good luck with the sale.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

What it means is I don't want to get sued when some dumb ass kills himself in it on the street I have a clear title. Maybe I am not familiar with new york and cali regs. I can only go by what I have know for 64 years in the state of florida. If this is all you guys have to do maybe I should just junk it and go back to racing formula continental.

Oh lawyers... Hey, you're getting free bumps and people are at least looking at this so don't complain. Although I too am in the same boat as everyone else. Why not just get your stepbrother to write up a 40 page contract so you're not liable.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

What it means is I don't want to get sued when some dumb ass kills himself in it on the street I have a clear title. Maybe I am not familiar with new york and cali regs. I can only go by what I have know for 64 years in the state of florida. If this is all you guys have to do maybe I should just junk it and go back to racing formula continental.
    No one was harassing you, it's an honest question. We live in NY, which borders canada. I can tell you right now without a title NO ONE will buy that car to race unless they never leave they're state. You need more than a bill of sale to prove ownership when crossing a countries border. We all end up in canada with our cars at some point.
    #72 ITE Scirocco
    NARRC ITE champion 2011

Yes, that sounds like the intelligent thing to do. What if some dumb ass gets killed on a racetrack in that car? And if you're so adverse to risk, what are you doing on a racetrack one might ask.
    phil hunt