Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NARRC Runoffs @ Lime Rock Park!

Quote Originally Posted by cchandler View Post
    No worries Ed. I was actually amazed at the coordination between you two, even though it was only coincidental!!
    Got video?
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Default Sigh.... Lap 1 Turn 1

Group 1 ITR-S-B.....

Fred Fox's spinning ITR BMW in front of me

DZ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ouch.

What were the B results?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by ulfelder View Post
    No, but Matt Rooke is knockin' at the door with 1:00.1s. Congrats to Matt on a great weekend. I had nothing for him, Doc Breault or Rob Nimkoff; my car was hooked up, but its driver was rusty.

Now, who wants to buy a very fast ITR S2000? I'm selling.

Thanks Steve! I had a blast racing with you guys this past weekend! Must say, If I was in the market for an ITR car, your S2K would be at the top of my list. Dont think I have seen a cleaner build in my life! You guys do fantastic work.

Greetings IT.com community. Here are my videos from Sat:

Qual Race
    https://vimeo.com/75176995/

Race
    https://vimeo.com/75204120/

Though that race video is my shortest one ever, I intentionally made it longer, about 5 minutes, though it only needed to be 1.5 minutes.

After the incident, I wondered if I had been tagged from behind before my spin since the back end just seemed to give way. And I was upset that Garry DeLea (the silver Miata) starting edging toward me squeezing me between him and the grass on the front straight away long before the Big Bend. Well, I was NOT tagged before my spin. And though what Garry did not help my angle into Turn 1, the back end just gave way after turn 1. If I remember correctly, I looked into my rear view mirror for a split second to ensure I cleared everyone and probably (and from the sound of it) lifted ever so slightly = spin.

I feel bad for all those that were affected, including the Orange EP driver, Bud Jantz-Sell maybe (nice guy), Christian and Garry. Add Tom Hansen to the list since we were scheduled to go to the Last Chance Enduro with the Civic. Not any more since I have no $$ for repairs.

If anyone has video from midpack where they can show us what happened in the front pack, please post it. It would be appreciated.

As far as the car is considered, the universe has it's ironies. I fixed the entire front end earlier in the season. I spent all day Friday replacing the front left wheel bearing, ball joints, the front head light from Summer Thunder.

Ironically destroyed items:
    Front head lamps and left corner light
    Front Left Wheel bearing and ball joint
    Bumper Cover
    Bumper
    Left Fender

Un-Ironically destroyed items:
    Lower Control Arm
    Tie rod
    Flatten Hoosier tire
    Wrecked Enkei RFP1 rim

Questionable:
    The front rad support
    Steering rack

I think I just cut my budget next year in half.

The Sat highlights were awesome. I had 3 women working on my car, Teresa, our friend Rita and Jennifer Ferreira. NICE! and the car was looking and feeling awesome Saturday morning. Given the wet but drying situation in the pm and had I not spun out, we could have had 2nd and a chance for 1st. Ok, shrug. Yet, I did win the ITA NARRC championship. Thank you all for a great season!

... until next year.
    Last edited by mossaidis; 09-23-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

PS. Always great seeing everyone and hanging out with Ed, Steph and the Leitner's!
    '92 Honda Civic Si

That sucked. It did come around very suddenly!! And it looked like the track was drying. I didn't get to see the PM race but you looked good in the morning race. A couple of more laps and you could have made a race out of it.

But congrats on the the NARRC Championship!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Ouch.

What were the B results?
    ITR
    Matt Rooke
    Rob Breault
    Rob Nimkoff

ITS
    Darrel Stein
    Tim Dugan
    Robert Blake

ITB
    Travis Washay
    Raymond Blethen
    Charlie Gerundo

Gary left you enough room and that's where you want to be in the wet anyway. My right front will be just on the right of the yellow blend line. Way more grip than on the left portion of the track. The car sure did snap around quickly. Just curious, did you disconnet the rear bar before going out?

Harsh with car repairs. I totally feel your pain. The earlier LRP repairs cost me over $1,000 not including any cosmetic fixes. Now motor issues. So much for having an actual budget to race. Maybe we should start racing lawn mowers or something like that? lol

How close was Raymond to Travis?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Here is a short video of the ITR/ITS/ITB start, first from my car 14, and then
    from Bob Blake's 82 a few positions back.

In my video you can see Darrel Stein appearing to lock up his brakes and moving
    straight into Stephen's RX8, and as they curl left, I dive right.

In Bob's video you can see Darrel and Stephen curling left, and me diving right and
    staying out of it. On the tiny screen at the track it looked like the red S2000 might
    have touched Fred Fox to get him spinning, but looking carefully now it appears
    to me that he just locked his rears and spun himself... a shame for both Fred and Dave

Alas, my car died on lap 4...at the time thought it was a blown engine, but found
    that it was just the fuse to the ignition system ... now we have to find what caused
    the fuse to blow.

We had a terrific weekend nonetheless!!... great times, great people, great fun! ...
    CONGRATS to John Farbman on a well earned NARRC win! Perhaps I will be able to
    challenge again next year

Last edited by lawtonglenn; 09-23-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Thanks for posting the start! I don't think Darrell locked up the brakes, I think that was smoke from tire to tire contact. I think he may have been spooked when Geoff came up the inside, and you simply can't fit three wide through big bend. It is what it is, we both fell back a ways but worked our way back up to the front. The double yellow helped that though!

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Gary left you enough room and that's where you want to be in the wet anyway. My right front will be just on the right of the yellow blend line. Way more grip than on the left portion of the track. The car sure did snap around quickly. Just curious, did you disconnet the rear bar before going out?

Harsh with car repairs. I totally feel your pain. The earlier LRP repairs cost me over $1,000 not including any cosmetic fixes. Now motor issues. So much for having an actual budget to race. Maybe we should start racing lawn mowers or something like that? lol
    Regarding Garry's move, he did admit that he was looking for the dry line. It just seemed like he didn't stop coming over until I was a foot away from the yellow, frustrating since I didn't know how far he was coming over.

It started raining when we were in grid so we didn't have time to change anything.
    '92 Honda Civic Si

I would have done the same thing if I was Gary. Looks like you carried a little to much speed along with bumping the curb which caused the back to be unsettled. To be honest I think I would have carried the same amount of speed as you did so I may have had the same result. I feel bad for ya, great fast car... You definetly had the pace for a win!

Congrats on the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    That sucked. It did come around very suddenly!! And it looked like the track was drying. I didn't get to see the PM race but you looked good in the morning race. A couple of more laps and you could have made a race out of it.

But congrats on the the NARRC Championship!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    I would have done the same thing if I was Gary. Looks like you carried a little to much speed along with bumping the curb which caused the back to be unsettled. To be honest I think I would have carried the same amount of speed as you did so I may have had the same result. I feel bad for ya, great fast car... You definetly had the pace for a win!

Congrats on the championship.
    Thanks guys!
    '92 Honda Civic Si

I was watching the race on race monitor. I was wondering what happened since opening laps were above 110 and the field seemed to flip itself.

Congrats Mickey, Sorry to hear about the power plant Denise.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Short one lap video of the end of the third lap. It was slick in spots out there. Johannes went in for a tire change and missed the start. I stayed out on dry's. As long as I didn't take myself out, I had the race, so most of my race video is boring as hell. I drove really conservatively and worked at staying on the track and out of trouble.
    This clip shows how slick BB was. I found West Bend to be slick as well.

https://vimeo.com/75161716

Sorry I couldn't embed it. I seem to be technologically challenged today.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

IT.com does not make it possible to embed vimeo. It's not you. Thanks for sharing!
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Start of the ITR ITS ITB race with another view of the wreck.

Stephen

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kxgyw6HDfdQ[/ame]

Here is a link to my in-car video of the crash. It felt like a tap from behind, but I'm not sure.

https://vimeo.com/75159530
    Fred Fox
    E36 325iS
    #56 ITR

It was a crazy start to the race Fred! It sucked that that happened to u and Dave. I didn't see anybody tap u but I was also watching the tire smoke from Stephen and stein! I was driving the 57 bimmer
    2010 NERRC ITB Champion
    2012 NERRC ITS 3rd place
    2013 NERRC ITS 2nd