Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NARRC Runoffs @ Lime Rock Park!

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Looks like some of the classes are a little sparse........ Like ITA. WHat's up with that???

But ITB is lookin' good!

Hmmmmm Starting to second guess my decision to go up and watch on Saturday........
    Yeah, I am sad too about the lack of ITA cars registered. Not sure what's up with that. Gran? Abhi? Deyo? Wasilko? Rowe? Perry? Johnston?
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

And none of the NER IT7 Dinosaur Super Series cars are going either.

Wait, Mike Turchuk is going and will hold the flag at the end of this one. Not sure what flag, but a flag none the less.

We are all parked with vision of snow flakes dancing in our heads, did you see they are making snow at Bretten Woods.. Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

That is hard to imagine. If only I could. One of the races of the year to look forward to.
    Jim Alley
    1990 ITA Miata

Its all about doing your personal Best

No drivable car for me. engine issues.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    No drivable car for me. engine issues.
    Bummer. Sane here. New rental developed a knock on the dyno yesterday so they shut her down. No time to diagnose and fix before the event.

Enjoy all!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

arrrgh... I was looking forward to dukein' it out with you Andy!

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lawtonglenn View Post
    arrrgh... I was looking forward to dukein' it out with you Andy!
    Kinda bummed. Was estimating 15 more whp, more tire and less weight than my ITA car. That SHOULD send the times well into the mid 1:00 range. DANG!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

C'mon man! You're Flatout - thrash for it!!!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

I'm just gonna bring my own flag Dano, then do doughnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Yeah, I am sad too about the lack of ITA cars registered. Not sure what's up with that. Gran? Abhi? Deyo? Wasilko? Rowe? Perry? Johnston?
    Too tired and no time to get car ready. Jen and I are coming down to watch for the weekend.

Should be a great race in ITA between Mickey, BJ and Holmes.

Abhi

don't forget Chandler. I think Denise if the in 1.03's now, maybe 1:02s? I can't remember.

PS. At this rate, I don't see myself getting there until fri PM qual race and so I will start from the back = good times.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post

PS. At this rate, I don't see myself getting there until fri PM qual race and so I will start from the back = good times.
    And you have a history of such dynamic starts at Lime Rock.

How many of us got written up for starting etiquette last year at LRP ? Was it the top six ?

Abhi

Qualifying for the race is based on fastest lap in all three qualifying sessions qualifying sessions and Qualifying races, one being Sat AM, so this can easily be a fun 1 day event for anyone!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Well on and off rain for G7 (ITA/prod,etc) made for an interesting day. Dry going to grid, then the drizzle started. And it drizzled harder and harder. A few cars left grid to do rains, although it never was a true rain race. It was snot slick in spots, dry in others.
    Everyone behaved first lap/first turn, second lap first turn not so much. Mickey got taken out, a silver Miata, a BMW, and who knows what else got tangled. Mickey was done, broken wheel, front bumper torn off.
    Big Bend and west bend stayed slippery. It kept raining on the back part of the circuit.
    Denise blew up, a total bummer.
    Jon Leitner won EP and overall.
    Pierkarski (sp) won ITA, silver Miata second, and Ed third
    Thanks to Johannes deciding to change tires, I was surprised with finding that I had a win in HP.
    All in all, we had a good end of season event. Best part of all: Both cars rolled into trailers scuffed but intact.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Judging from the damage on Mickey's car and Garry DeLea's Miata, Mickey got into Garry's right door near the apex of Turn 1. Mickey's left front wheel was trashed and the car was not driveable. I was on the outside and avoided contact by driving off track and eventually to within a foot of the tire wall avoiding Garry as he slid and then continued to slide/roll off the track.

When I rejoined, all but two cars had passed me so I knew I had to drive hard to catch. Despite eventually posting the fastest ITA lap time, it wasn't nearly enough to make up for the 15 seconds I lost due to the incident. I lost a few more seconds by getting sideways in 1 on the next lap in my futile attempt to make up time.

I passed nine cars in the ensuing laps to get right behind Ed (P3) on the last lap. Unfortunately, for me, I gave Jonathan Leitner (EP class and overall winner) a point by when I saw him lapping. Jonathan got in front of me and began blocking for Ed and then checked up going into the downhill. BTW, his company's name is on Ed's car and trailer.

I understand why Jonathan did what he did, but why do drivers continue to block "out of class" cars? It is at best, un-gentlemanly, and at worst, dangerous.

Denise was having a great drive. Too bad her motor failed. At first look, it is completely destroyed with no salvageable parts.

Windell Holmes left false grid when the rain started and never came back. Initially thought he was just leaving to put on different tires.
    Last edited by cchandler; 09-22-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power

Christian, on what I thought was my last lap....I saw the "1" , but it was for Jon, I thought Jon was on a cool down. Then noticed the corners were giving the blue, I started going wide for Jon to get through, but he slowed and hugged the off line side of the track...he said later he was trying to not get involved in our race. Really don't think it was intentional...he's not that kinda driver! It may be small consolation, but you got third place points for NARRC, as this was my first race in that car in NARRC, so I don't get points, and everyone else gets points as if I wasn't there.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

No worries Ed. I was actually amazed at the coordination between you two, even though it was only coincidental!!
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power

No 59's this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    No 59's this weekend!
    No, but Matt Rooke is knockin' at the door with 1:00.1s. Congrats to Matt on a great weekend. I had nothing for him, Doc Breault or Rob Nimkoff; my car was hooked up, but its driver was rusty.

Now, who wants to buy a very fast ITR S2000? I'm selling.

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com

Didja tighten your nuts?
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!