Thread: Cheap Date at NH

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    What Stephen said (thanks for your responses). I'm not saying we should disallow passengers on victory laps; on the contrary, I do that myself (and got in trouble for the way I did it at Road Atlanta*). What I am saying is that if we're going to allow/ignore "donuts" during victory laps, then we simply cannot allow unharnessed passengers inside the car for them.

- GA

* After the 2006 ARRC victory we piled a bunch of people in the car; I'm guessing at least 4-5, some of which were sitting inside the open hatch. I got "talked to" about having people inside the car with access doors open. I was told that had I closed the hatch I would have been fine, but they took umbrage at people hanging outside the car. They were actually discussing taking action against me...fortunately, we worked it out and I promised to stuff everyone inside the car in the future.

(click for larger image; see how many you can count...)
    meh...no checkerd flag confiscated?? No suspension? Probation? Log book note? Red book entry?? Loss of win?
    Then you didn't get in trouble.

In your case, it's a good thing that was a FWD car, and had rather stiff springs in back!

I remember winning (As the crew chief) the Longest Day back in 83 (?) and cramming 6 people in a 1st gen RX-7. Rule was you lose the win if you return with less than you started with. (Same as yachting)
    Last edited by lateapex911; 09-11-2013 at 03:19 AM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com