Quote Originally Posted by Magical Trevor View Post
Greg, I thought getting the crew guys in on the victory lap (and the victory lap itself) was pretty much an SCCA trademark?
Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
Greg, you mentioned no unharnessed passengers on victory laps, is that something new?
What Stephen said (thanks for your responses). I'm not saying we should disallow passengers on victory laps; on the contrary, I do that myself (and got in trouble for the way I did it at Road Atlanta*). What I am saying is that if we're going to allow/ignore "donuts" during victory laps, then we simply cannot allow unharnessed passengers inside the car for them.

- GA

* After the 2006 ARRC victory we piled a bunch of people in the car; I'm guessing at least 4-5, some of which were sitting inside the open hatch. I got "talked to" about having people inside the car with access doors open. I was told that had I closed the hatch I would have been fine, but they took umbrage at people hanging outside the car. They were actually discussing taking action against me...fortunately, we worked it out and I promised to stuff everyone inside the car in the future.

(click for larger image; see how many you can count...)