Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Date at NH

Default Cheap Date at NH

Dare I start a thread about another race weekend?
    So who is going? We are going to try to finish thrashing the new A car for this one. I can't believe we are looking at September already.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Appears as though the NER IT7 Dinosaur Super Series wil have ALL 9 competiters there this time.

Dan
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Ah hell, may haveta un-register.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Ed- I believe a couple Audi's (one of ours with me behind the wheel) and several VW need a Honda to race with... I know I will enjoy running ITB with you unless you are afraid... I know with my "tank" I won't be be afraid of you no matter how dangerous you are, I will have a back-up car around the corner! lol

Anyway, are either of the funks planning to run B or are you in A for this race?
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Dan- you need to get more IT7's... Looks like ITB and FV have the biggest car counts so far!!! Great to see the ITB field growing at NHMS!

Lime Rock generally has 4times the number if cars, the Runoffs could be very interesting!!! . I predict 20+ in ITB alone

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Finding more IT7 cars is easy, whos gonna drive them? The car that shall remain nameless is THE car to have for SCCA right now. What other chassis can run in 4 different race groups in different classes and remain competitive.

In theory you could run a single car and win four championships in a season. And pay HALF the entry fees, for 3 of those classes. Its a great opportunity that cars owners have. They have done a great marketing job on it. Why buy anything else? The development work is done. One phone call and you have what everyone else has. No secrets in there.

On the other hand, who is having more fun during the course of the weekend? Fun vs Rewards is what you need to evaluate.

Just a thought...

Dan
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

it7racing.com

Hey Dan...the other side sucks!

You may be having fun but I get to have 4 times as much!
    Jerry
    NER South

Just in case some people missed it,

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....8C591898A9AF88

it7racing.com

Dan... get the its car ready! Double dip is same driver not same car! :-)

, Stephen

I didn't know that. I guess it makes sense. I just always assumed it had to be same driver and same car. Interesting.
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

Nope and it never should be! That would be the day I honestly felt we were catering to the miatas. For now i want anyone that can afford to double dip including the miatas to double or triple dip to keep my entry down. But then we have the other thought that I wonder about... what if we had no double dip and just made every entry $275... would we have more than just 50 cars?

I don't have the stats but it feels like the double dip is actually driving my entry fee up...

Stephen

In the spirit of being cheap I am going to be racing my buddy tim who has an ITS car with my ITR car on street tires in group 7 (STU) We are going to call our class RST (Racing & Street Tires). We came up with an easy formula that will increase the weight of my ITR car to compare in theory to an ITS car and then provided a "handicap" for using street tires. We would love to have anyone double dip with us and have some extra fun!

Here is a link to the rules we made up Its as simple as removing ballast or possible adding some. ITS cars need to do nothing but show up!
    https://improvedtouring.com...&postcount=197

Stephen

PS: This is NOT a recognized SCCA class and just a gentlemens agreement class

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    We would love to have anyone double dip with us and have some extra fun!
    How much weight are you guys going to add to your cars to match me and Raymond in ITB cars?
    Jason Benagh
    Steward - NER SCCA
    ITB 1995 VW Golf

hahah I did the math and you would need to REDUCE your weight 31% or so.... ya that will never happen I honestly don't think ITA cars could reduce the weight the amount they need to either but figured I would add them anyway... wish it was simpler to run us all together, but then again if it was they wouldn't have each IT class they have now.

Maybe I should run on FV tires... that may do the trick!

Stephen

Wow, I checked out your other posting and my head hurts from the math!! At whatever weight/tire combo works out, I'm sure your and I assume a certain silver ITS car will have fun!! Look forward to the RST Group Race!

so i show up sporting a "R" compound tire and stay the same weight U show up sporting the 200tw and gain a few ponds this might actually be a fare fight! This will be a good test to your calculations. I kinda feel like a test dummy
    2010 NERRC ITB Champion
    2012 NERRC ITS 3rd place
    2013 NERRC ITS 2nd

i forgot to mention my "R" compound tires are from 2005 and there "kumold" this is gonna be fun!!!
    2010 NERRC ITB Champion
    2012 NERRC ITS 3rd place
    2013 NERRC ITS 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    hahah I did the math and you would need to REDUCE your weight 31% or so.... ya that will never happen

Stephen
    Jason- I think we "could" reduce OUR weight 31% but I am not sure we could reduce our cars weight...

How about a 1lap bonus for us... Oh wait.. An Audi making it through the weekend in two groups = not likely

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    Jason- I think we "could" reduce OUR weight 31% but I am not sure we could reduce our cars weight...
    Even removing the nut behind the wheel reduces it less that 10%. Still thinking of running STL though. You should bring the Red Audi and then you'll have a spare!
    Jason Benagh
    Steward - NER SCCA
    ITB 1995 VW Golf

STU/LTD has 4 running STU Cheap Date weekend. Were almost ITS (most run depowered racks) If its racing for fun or beer I would say you could get 4 more if you'd let us join in your reindeer games ?
    Last edited by Benauto; 08-30-2013 at 10:32 PM.