We are in the midst of planning for the 20th running of the American Road Race of Champions presented by Grassroots Motorsports and need your help.

This year we are planning for a feature race for Miatas prior to the Trans Am race on Sunday afternoon. The idea is to give the spectators and competitors a chance to see the Miatas one more time in the weekend and to give back a little, thanking you for your support this year. While the name is still up in the air, here is what we are thinking.

The "Luck of the Draw" Outlaw Miata
Feature Race

• “Fun” race…a little different. No points just money. One race on Sunday as a feature race before the Trans-Am race.
  • $ 200 - 250 entry fee with $100-$150 going to payout.
  • Give each car one raffle ticket for turning a lap. Give top ten finishers extra tickets based on finishing position. Dead last place also gets extra ticket(s).
  • Drawing for prizes and cash. Cash split into three pots, 50%, 30% and 20%. Can only win one cash prize.
  • No qualifying warm-up only...will draw for grid position.
  • Must have raced in one other race or registered for one other race (ECR: must turn a wheel in ECR to collect prize) as a class compliant car.

Here is where I am asking for feedback. Again we want to make it fun and a little different. We want to fill the field and want some interesting racing.

• Allow mods (weight, restrictor plates)?
  • All or 1.6 only?
  • Any mod has to be done between the Saturday race and the Sunday Outlaw race or put back before the ECR?
  • Anything else?
  • Allow any DOT tire, no Race tires?
  • Only requirement is that it must be safety compliant and have raced as a legally compliant car.
  • Half way through the race bring all cars in, encourage driver change (new driver gets additional ticket) and re-grid by drawing for position.

Anything else?

Other ideas?

Interesting?

Again I'd appreciate your thoughts, I will be putting together supps in the next week. If you have any thoughts of feedback post it here or drop me an email. I look forward to seeing you at the ARRC.