Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Runoffs

hey manny, good to see you still in it.

this is matt from way back in 04 and 05 when I raced with ya in my black Suzuki swift in ITB

you met me and my wife, and we met you and your family (two kids, right?)

We know you were moving back to florida...well we moved back to florida too (Deltona/Daytona area) and then had a kid. And then I got out of racing (2008).

Well he is four now, and I'm preparing to get back in and spend some of his college money.

anyways, I also saw that the runoffs were coming to Daytona, and have also been thinking of ways I could double dip...as running the runoffs is on my bucket list.

team-gpracing i havent been able to find where it says that a fuel cell is mandatory. i do agree with the clips and yes i can be at a lower weight too but all i want to do is to be able to get in.
    Mat, great to hear from you. of course i remember you guys. congrats on your son . yes i have moved back to tampa and yes still running the old mustang in ITB. you just cant kill an old dog lol. i just was thinking that it would great to be able to do the runoffs especially that it's at Daytona.

Manny, prod rules state that a fuel cell is required UNLESS the stock tank is contained within the frame rails and axle centerlines. I don't think the mustang fits that requirement, thus it would be required to have a cell.

Some cars need a fuel cell and some dont. If the tank is in front of the rear axle and you have the stock rear bumper, you dont need the fuel cell. Many VWs do not.
    Pretty sure that the Mustang needs a fuel cell. To run Prod.

Prod is fun , you get a whole bunch of cars that run way different power to tire and weight ratios.

Mike is going to try to run his Rocco at the Daytona Runoffs. That track has a top speed priority and thus we are going to radial tires for that track.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

My 1990 Honda Civic Si would be classed in FP.

Baaahahaha not even competitive in ITA trim.. would need to sink the big $$ in to it.

This is why Im now racing in T4
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    team-gpracing i havent been able to find where it says that a fuel cell is mandatory. i do agree with the clips and yes i can be at a lower weight too but all i want to do is to be able to get in.
    Mat, great to hear from you. of course i remember you guys. congrats on your son . yes i have moved back to tampa and yes still running the old mustang in ITB. you just cant kill an old dog lol. i just was thinking that it would great to be able to do the runoffs especially that it's at Daytona.

you can do eet!
    you have till 2015 to save up for a fuel cell

you only live once....

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_honda View Post

Baaahahaha not even competitive in ITA trim.. would need to sink the big $$ in to it.

our FP EF civic hatch did 18's at Roebling - that's right in there with the miatas. straight line speed was an issue though. drag sucketh.

So let me see if i have this right. The runoffs are held in Sept, and it is in 2015. So that means i have to race in EP at the start of 2015, finish in the top 50% of my division at the least and be EP compliant by the turkey trot of 2014 due to the fact that here in Fla that is the first race of the 2015 schedule.

First race of the 2014 Majors season is Sebring in January, with Palm Beach right behind that.

Of course, we're nowhere NEAR able to predict what 2015's racing schedule will be.

And not to mention the car IS STx compliant as it sits.

Unless I read that wrong. If the model run starts before the 85 cut off, then previous models are included. 79 to 93 are all the same car according to the ITCS
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_honda View Post

You could also go STL with you ITA car. i used my ITB crx to qualify for the runoffs while doing a motor swap B16 into an abandoned ITA crx project.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    You could also go STL with you ITA car. i used my ITB crx to qualify for the runoffs while doing a motor swap B16 into an abandoned ITA crx project.
    He's quite quick, and doing just fine in T4. Unfortunately, he rarely has anyone to seriously race with in that class, as it's about as populated with competitive cars as.....well, STL.

And the problem with the EF Civic H/B in FP...and ITA, ITB, STL, and anywhere else, is that it'll never be as competitive as its CRX cousin, yet no classification process that I'm aware of uses wheelbase and drag differences as enough of a factor, to put the EF H/B and CRX at different classified specs, even though we all know that when set the same, the CRX will always be faster (in the right hands).
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    Manny,

my ITB crx si qualified me for the runoffs this year.

the runoffs being the 50th and at Road America for the last time (for a while) was also the KITA i needed to get an old project car (88 crx si) upgraded from jackstands to an STL logbook and on track.

starting its swap to a B16 on labor day weekend.....
    This is a combination for STL I have been waiting for someone to open their eyes to.

Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
    This is a combination for STL I have been waiting for someone to open their eyes to.
    Oh, that's a common discussion topic; we were talking about that the first time STL was announced. But the general problem is that there are few that wish to take a very competitive ITA and turn it into a potential also-ran STL car... - GA

yup. Also just as mysterious is if a properly built B16 will make over 170whp. Some have estimated 175 whp, yet no one has said and posted (dynos) so publicly.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.