Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Runoffs

Default 2015 Runoffs

I hear the 2015 runoffs could be done at Daytona and being in the IT class what can one do or is required to be able to run in the runoffs? Just thinking ahead

Depending on the car you can try to qualify in STL, STU or a prod class.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

and the 2015 runoffs WILL be at Daytona. ink's dry on that one as I understand it. mid-O 2016, then maybe repeat the west-south-north/central cycle.

Right now its an ITB car but it's also on the EP list. Does that mean i need to run in the EP class during 2015 in order to qualify to be able to run in the runoffs?

Yes, you have to run in the class you intend to qualify for. You won't have to do all that well, depending on where you live. This year everyone who raced STU, STL, EP, and FP out here qualified on points for the Runoffs. As there won't be any Nationals races next season, you can either be in the top three in your division, be in the top 50% in the Majors in your Region (The whole East coast), or be a former Runoffs champion. The paths to the Runoffs for us in 2014 are listed here:

http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/ar...fs_Paths-1.pdf

I doubt they'll change by much for you guys in 2015.

Manny, isn't yours an A2 golf? FP would be a better fit and there are less entrants usually than STL or EP. so better odds.

It's an IT/B mustang and it's listed in EP i think. There are some changes but i was just thinking about being part of the runoffs especially since i live in Florida. I think it would great to be a part of it.

Manny,

my ITB crx si qualified me for the runoffs this year.

the runoffs being the 50th and at Road America for the last time (for a while) was also the KITA i needed to get an old project car (88 crx si) upgraded from jackstands to an STL logbook and on track.

starting its swap to a B16 on labor day weekend.....
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Tom, you bring up a good point. Do i need to start a another logbook for it to be in EP or is my present logbook ok?

present logbook is OK. if you mod the car extensively and want to reissue the logbook, take it up with tech and see what's involved.

mustang is definitely limited in options. STL has so much crossover from ITA, S, and SM that I'd choose prod like you originally suggested. are you Mike Horn?

as an aside - I don't know if they will be implementing the qualifying rules about being within some percentage of the pole, but if they do, ideas like this will be affected negatively. them might just do it for big fields, probably SRF, SM, STU and L.

No i'm not Mike Horn but i do know him, great guy to race with and also BS with

Chip is likely the better authority on this.

IT is specifically allowed to run in STL so that made it easy. i had an uncaged parts car crx (well it was a "project" car as long as I was installing stuff on it and a "parts" car when pulling crap off it....) that was long intended for ITA (since buying it in ~'96) that i decided to go STL.

so now i have an STL car as well and hope to finish something better than DFL at the Runoffs.

hopefully at least one non Honda will break and not finish....

You may not have two logbooks for the same car but you can have two classes listed in the logbook. Just take the car and book to tech and tell them you want to race in two (or more ) classes and they will do an annual to make sure it is safety legal in both classes. This does not apply to IT running in STL or STU as an IT car is specifically allowed under ST rules.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Too bad they don't allow old IT cars...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Quote Originally Posted by 924Guy View Post
    Too bad they don't allow old IT cars...
    That’s right I forgot about the 1985 cutoff date. My 79 is eligible because the spec line is 79-85. It may be the only carbureted car that can run in STL.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

You might want to check out the prod forums and see if anyone has converted your type car.

You may have to go with a fuel cell or add cage bars such as a dash bar etc.

Tom91ita could you give me hint or link to some type of prod forums, thanks.

I was dreaming about this yesterday actually, Daytona is closer than Road America, Mid Ohio, or Laguna and it seems you can run an ITA (IT7) prepped RX-7 in STL. You'd get raped, but...

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    Tom91ita could you give me hint or link to some type of prod forums, thanks.
    http://prodracing.com/

You'll definitely need to do some mods that IT cars don't require: fuel cell, window clips, etc.
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

What year Mustang is it? They are listed on the same Spec line form 79-93 all with a 2.3

So 79 chassis with a 93 2.3 and EFI, Solid axle and brakes form 14 different years. There has to be some differences that could be exploited on this chassis. HMMMMMMM
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com