Thread: September 2013 Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    In the name of not pissing off a few, we piss off the many.

All we need to do is revoke the national class status of any class that comes up short of the minimum participation requirements. The rest will fall naturally into place based on market forces, like, "Dear SCCA, please allow me to race my [whatever] in GT3 with a bigger engine..."

K

What's in the water up in NY Kirk? You're starting to think the SCCA will actually use logic and reason to make a decision!

And Chip, I'll admit that I haven't followed the Runoffs that last couple of years, but has GT3 actually been excluded for any specific years? (Yes, too lazy to look at old results).

Are all DOT R-compound tires speed rated U or better?? There are a lot of IT cars that won't run that fast unless dropped off a large enough cliff...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Miller View Post
    And Chip, I'll admit that I haven't followed the Runoffs that last couple of years, but has GT3 actually been excluded for any specific years? (Yes, too lazy to look at old results).
    I know they didn't make the "3.5 rule" cut, but I think they were allowed to run anyhow because SCCA. I DON'T think any class has actually been bumped from the ruboffs, but I'm similarly too lazy to look.