Thread: Crash data please!

Default Crash data please!

I am still collecting roll cage and general crash pictures. I am most interested in the cage base structure and any failures at the floor- base plate joint.

Please e mail me with any pics and short stories. Thanks, MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

This is why you don't pancake a car with an Autopower cage unless you add much larger floorplates..
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Default info

Was this an SCCA event? Driver condition ?

Driver was fine (somehow). It happened several years ago, don't recall the event but it wasn't an SCCA race. I think it was just a car club track day.
    Google "mustang flip hallett" and you'll find the whole series of photos. ugly.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Default crash data

Thanks Matt for the info. Did look that up. Can't believe that not only one but two people came out of that okay. After having written off ( not my Fault ) a formula continental on a test day we sometimes forget that things can happen on non full race days and get a little lax.

Was a Mustang track day event at Hallett, a couple of yrs. ago. There is a video some place on the web, perhaps utube. Happened at the Bitch, car vaulted the tires, stood on it's nose and fell "easily" (if any roll is easy) on to it's lid. Scary result. Expected more out of the factory top, too.

Bob L.

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

The Mustang had a 4 point hoop with race type seats. Yeah 2 guys walked away MOL. Lucky for sure.

I am looking for bolt in base plate picts of rolled cars.
    I am working on finalizing a patent app for a load spreading base plate. The SCCA tech guy looked at it 10yrs ago but the CRB turned it down. Now I am getting serious.

Thanks for any help.
    MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/