Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAL Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Raceman77 View Post
    and why did you jump into the pits??
    was that in the video?
    Jerry
    NER South

well I was right behind you. and you dove off pretty quickly. in any case. the video shows 5 cars racing hard for 16 laps. no one touched anyone. and I am pretty sure I heard that the 88 even had a ball with us.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    He choose to be in the middle of our race and touched my rear bumper in a brake zone. OOOPS no harm no foul.
    Dan, The New Most Dangerous Driver In IT
    So.. yeah.. First off I didn't have a choice to be "in the middle of your race". You guys were running side by side the entire time. I had no chance to get by you. If I went high to get one car, the other car was already there. You have motor on me, so going up the hills and down the straight you had me beat. Everywhere else you were next to each other.
    Also, I touched your bumper because under braking into turn 3, you changed lanes and moved in front of me. I had nowhere else to go.

no one touched anyone. and I am pretty sure I heard that the 88 even had a ball with us.
    This is not true, the two RX-7s in front of me touched going down into three. There was tire smoke.

And, it was not a ball. It was frustrating. I would have loved to have gotten past and left you 4 or 5 to battle it out for the IT7 championship of the world, but you wouldn't let me by so I could go race the rest of the ITA guys... Nor did I expect you to.

Not mad about it. It was a learning experience. I went back and watched my video and I now know your weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by jevrolet View Post
    So.. yeah.. First off I didn't have a choice to be "in the middle of your race". .

This is not true, the two RX-7s in front of me touched going down into three. There was tire smoke.
    First post huh, welcome to the site.

So in 16 laps of racing on a 12 turn course, call it 192 turns. There was tire smoke 1 time going into a breaking zone.

And again No Issues when you touched me into the same brake zone

So 2 touches in 192 turns.. That pretty good if you ask me. What about the SM/SSM/SM2 or any other group that had a heated battle for 16 straight laps that was decided on the last lap.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand what the issues are that people have with the IT7 race. I didnt see any one of the 7's go off track, smash another out of class car out of the race, beat on each other to the point that rescue squads needed to be called, or basically cause the general mayhem that is being said.

If thats not the general consensus, dont DD into the ITA race with your SM. There are plenty of other classes it fits in in NER. We dont want to wreck your 30,000 dollar car with our 1500 dollar specials.

On second thought I went off track at the exit of 6 on lap 15 by myself and caused no one any harm so I may be the Most Dangerous Driver In IT.

Dan 77 IT7 The Purple car with a Green Checker on the hood. Just so you know who your talking about.
    Last edited by Dano77; 08-14-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Dan, The New Most Dangerous Driver In IT[/QUOTE]

Are not!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Wanna race for the Title Ed??
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

it7racing.com

First post huh, welcome to the site.

So in 16 laps of racing on a 12 turn course, call it 192 turns. There was tire smoke 1 time going into a breaking zone.

And again No Issues when you touched me into the same brake zone

So 2 touches in 192 turns.. That pretty good if you ask me. What about the SM/SSM/SM2 or any other group that had a heated battle for 16 straight laps that was decided on the last lap.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand what the issues are that people have with the IT7 race. I didnt see any one of the 7's go off track, smash another out of class car out of the race, beat on each other to the point that rescue squads needed to be called, or basically cause the general mayhem that is being said.

If thats not the general consensus, dont DD into the ITA race with your SM. There are plenty of other classes it fits in in NER. We dont want to wreck your 30,000 dollar car with our 1500 dollar specials.

On second thought I went off track at the exit of 6 on lap 15 by myself and caused no one any harm so I may be the Most Dangerous Driver In IT.

Dan 77 IT7 The Purple car with a Green Checker on the hood. Just so you know who your talking about.
    Dan,
    I didn't say I had an issue with your driving. I was actually impressed with the pass you made on me in turn 2 on lap 1. I even gave you kudos when I posted the video.

I replied simply because there were some inaccuracies in some of the earlier posts & I wanted to correct them.

I thought you guys did have an amazing race. It was fun to watch but frustrating to try & get by.

lets see...run groups for 2014.....IT7 & SRF....
    Jerry
    NER South

Wanna race for the Title Ed??
    Sure, wheel chairs with our wives pushing, start at the crows nest.
    Ed Funk

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    How 'bout Groups 1-6, Miatae. Group 7, Anything else open wheel. Group 8, anything else closed wheel.
    Ed Funk

Dan,
    I didn't say I had an issue with your driving. I was actually impressed with the pass you made on me in turn 2 on lap 1. I even gave you kudos when I posted the video.

I replied simply because there were some inaccuracies in some of the earlier posts & I wanted to correct them.

I thought you guys did have an amazing race. It was fun to watch but frustrating to try & get by.
    I understand the frustration with multi class racing. And Im sorry we didnt let you go, if we did our own races are ruined.

When I said you had a choice, Drive faster, slow down, get off the track. Thats what I meant. Again not being a jerk, just multi class racing.

Where did you post it, kinda want to see it. Thanks

Dan

it7racing.com

so why would we move in with SRF? Is there a problem with IT7 in this run group? maybe move EP,FP.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

Overall I thought the racing in group 4 was very clean especially given how close some of the battles were. I also have to give Brian a thumbs up for making some very good decisions on two different starts and saving himself and several others from having a bad day. While one of the challenges with multi-class racing is the risk of getting caught up in someone else's battle my observations were people were generally being considerate. I hope no one is seriously suggesting changing the groups, I think it's a great group of racers already.

The only thing I'll say about the start is just because they didn't wave the start or throw a black flag doesn't mean it's okay. Maybe the starter missed the move or maybe the officials had enough on their hands but from the video that looked like a heck of an advantage. Keep in mind that adding a car with a 10-15 mph head start into the back of a closely grouped field is a recipe for disaster. Starts are risky enough but most drivers aren't expecting someone charging through the pack with that kind of closing speed just as the green comes out and everyone jumps left or right. My point is even if you think the advantage is borderline legal it's still a risky move.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

So Dan.....what does your mom have to say about your video?
    Which would win out, the mother in her or the steward?
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Here's my video from Sunday morning group 4:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCUuCMnevLg[/ame]
    Last edited by jwasilko; 08-14-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

maybe move EP,FP.
    Hell no! I like you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rowe View Post
    I hope no one is seriously suggesting changing the groups, I think it's a great group of racers already.
    Yes, I believe Jerry was cracking wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    Sure, wheel chairs with our wives pushing, start at the crows nest.
    I would pay real cash money to see this. Pretty sure Steph might make you switch half way through though.
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    Why are you insulting the SRF folks?

I would pay real cash money to see this. Pretty sure Steph might make you switch half way through though.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, Steph's really not into that whole swapping scene.
    Ed Funk

Niether is Jaime.

Maybe if we ride the wheel chairs down form 5 into 6 with our own Mad Max type equpiment on the wheel chair, Now we are talking.

it7racing.com

...and I now know your weakness.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010