Quote Originally Posted by Wreckerboy View Post
Jimmy - I have had similar issues with shoulder harnesses sliding off. The problem is often caused by the harnesses themselves sliding on the harness bar behind the driver. The simple solution I have found is to use pipe collars (find them in McMaster-Carr) to keep the harnesses from spreading too far apart.

Not saying your new NecksGen isn't great, just offering insight into what may have helped cause your original problem.
Hey Rob,
I have them, well not the exact ones from McMaster, but I have similar devices to keep them from separating. Im my case I don't think that was the issue. I tried all the tricks I found in any forum online as well as calling HMS who I bought the device from and my Recaro seat who offered some other things to try.

I believe the problem stemmed from my torso shape (as you know I'm built similar to a 55 gallon drum) 5'8" 230, 48" chest,,, if the adjusters sat on the HANS they would slide off. If they sat below it it was better, but then they didn't move they would hang up on the bottom of the yoke and not "work" and they were into my stomach area.

I had the standard closed car unit (20 degree?). Keeping in mind mine was a very early unit, I think maybe a newer version with the belt retaining lips at the shoulders may have helped, but I really felt the yoke interface with the adjusters was the main offender in my case.

In any case, I have a buyer for my HANS, a slender guy who it will probably work great on.
I really like the feel of the Necksgen Rev. Its almost like not wearing a H&N device.