Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
yup. 15x6 OZ wheels and some decals, a spoiler, etc.. still the lame 2.0L SOHC. the raliart cars that came later got the more potent 2.4L DOHC motor, rear discs, and a bunch of other upgrades. no more precedent than a miata M package. nothing to see here.
Thanks, I had no idea. I know the MAzdaspeed RX8 package was just cosmetic but it does allow more cooling to the oil coolers so I would obviously like to have it allowed, however it was a dealer option and I don't think offered as a "trim level" from mazda.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
if there hadn't been the upgrades to the car in 2009 we mightacoulda slipped it in, but it needs more review anyhow to see if it counts as an upgrade / same line or new line. the fact that it's an 09 made it easy to cut it off there and take time to review the changes vs. IT philosophy.
Yup, transmission is better and it has some cosmetic enhancements. Rear diff has a different cover that allows it to cool better as well. other than that nothing performance wise... oh wait the computer is harder to hack and make power from it so you would want a 2004 computer, after 2005 you have "extra" obstacles to overcome

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it. I know that Steve E. is a great resource if you need any detailed info.

Stephen