Thread: Washer bottle removal allowed?

Default Washer bottle removal allowed?

I kind of figured this was okay but am missing where this would be allowed

I see the single wiper reference under electrical but it seems a bit of a leap to say the bottle can be removed under "electrical system is free"
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Actually serious since I want to put the vent tank and transponder there.

There are lots of informal interpretations over the years in IT that I have learned but there is not that much history with ST.

Like in ST you have to be able to open the doors from the inside as well as from the outside

I wasn't picking on you personally, Tom. It's just such the defining question of IT. To see it now in ST just struck me as funny as heck.

K

Hey Tom,

How about 9.1.4.C.4 top of GCR page 531:

4. Non-essential body items and trim may be removed including attaching brackets and supporting structure. Any holes in bodywork exposed by the removal of these items shall be covered or filled.

I'd think this also allows the removal of the washer nozzles on the hood, and filling the holes, or replace it with a composite hood and not generate holes for washer nozzles.
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 06-30-2013 at 08:54 PM.

i think the nozzles in the hood could go. but that seems to be a stretch to take that back to the water bottle.

i am leaving the washer bottle and putting the vent catch tank in a different spot.

going to local lumber yard tonight to look for cheap electrical boxes for something to put the transponder in to make it easer to move between cars.

maybe something like this (might use it to cover the back side of the master kill switch as well);

My washer bottle was one on the first things to get hurled across the shop when I decided to go STU.

The attitude/philosophy between STx and ITx is radically different. Whereas ITx has had nearly three decades to hone its craft (and ensure that the lumber is shoved well up into the posterior), STx is a regs infant. The reason that things like "removal of washer bottles" is missing from the regs is twofold:

- Seems obvious, given the philosophy;
    - Didn't think of it and really don't have a desire to detail each and every nuance of the regs; read the first reason.

That'll change, without a doubt; it's a National class, after all, and SOMEONE is going to want to whip out the lumber from their posterior and beat a competitor over the head with it. At which point they'll be pummeled with shame.

But for today, I suggest you're pretty OK if the washer bottle is missing... - GA

Greg, remind me to protest you for not having a washer bottle in the Teg. Of course, I will re-install mine when I double-dip into STL...NOT. :|
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Greg, remind me to protest you for not having a washer bottle in the Teg. Of course, I will re-install mine when I double-dip into STL...NOT. :|
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 07-09-2013 at 07:14 AM.