Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July "Mohud at LRP" Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by awegrzyn View Post
    Either you have a corrupted file, or you don't have the codec to play the file. In case you can open other files from the same camera on the same PC, it means you have a corrupted file. Those files can be fixed. There are programs out there that fix corrupted video files.

Very often Go Pro will corrupt the file if the movie is stopped by turning OFF the camera, or running out of battery.
    I can open the other two files, so it must be corrupted. I tried the program Greg linked to and it didn't work. Thank you.
    Any recommendations on which programs work well to fix it?

Dan: just watched the video. All I can say is holee sheet.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Will be interesting to watch Christian's video. My in-car video shows another side where I'm honestly not so sure that I'd do anything differently. Yes, perspectives can change when from another car. I totally get that but it's not as blatant as I was expecting based on our conversation. Could very well be from your point of view and I'd rather sacrifice a turn or win versus any bad feelings (talking ITA and how it's about fun not some PRO BS). Uploading my vid to YouTube...
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by wepsbee View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs1sQM6QE_A

I do not have mine or Chris's up yet but check at 8 min and 13:30
    Chris's video is from behind me.
    Let me know what you all think

Thanks
    Dan

Dan, when do you think you will have yours and Chris' videos up? They should be most interesting to watch.

Do you want comments based on only the MGB's video? Looks like since he is in a Prod car, and only 1950lbs
    he can get that thing around corners a hell of a lot better than cars at IT weight... and he rides the
    edge of adhesion regularly at corner exit

Since he doesn't have much motor compared to you, it would be unlikely for him to be able to take you on
    the straight, so a pass in the braking zone is most reasonable and is to be expected. He went inside in big bend,
    and managed to stay on the track, so had the pass well executed, was working hard to keep it on pavement at
    trackout, and then you hit him hard in his right rear corner, spinning him, and driving over his hood.

What do you think happened?

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Dave,

No video, and no hard feelings. You ran a good race and the better driver won. Hopefully, the next time we race, you'll get to see the back of my car!!
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power

No, it's not about whose wrong or right. Honestly if you feel I did something wrong I want to discuss it. The silly flag or trophy is just that. (This discussion would be very different among other outside situations).
    Last edited by gran racing; 07-14-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    How did our Southern Export Munnerlyn do in ITS? And why isn't this race on Race Monitor?
    I see it on Race Monitor "2013 John Stim MoHud Regional"

Group 6 Race 1

ITR Prout 1:00.5
    ITR Breault 1:01.1
    ITS Capizzi 1:01.8
    ITS Farbman 1:01.6
    ITR Harrison 1:02.2
    ITS Munnerlyn 1:02.9
    ITS Stadelmann 1:04.0
    ITB Washay 1:03.6
    ITS Bennett 1:03.5
    ITB Wentworth 1:03.4
    ITS Omichinski 1:03.4
    ITB Hall 1:06.1
    ITB Suppa 1:05.7

Group 6 Race 2

ITR Prout 1:01.0
    ITR Breault 1:01.7
    ITS Farbman 1:02.4
    ITS Capizzi 1:02.3
    ITS Munnerlyn 1:03.4
    ITR Harrison 1:02.6
    ITS Omichinski 1:04.0
    ITB Washay 1:03.8
    ITS Stadelmann 1:04.0
    ITS Bennett 1:03.7
    ITB Wentworth 1:03.8
    ITB Hall 1:05.7
    ITB Suppa 1:11.9

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Wowser... Who said prod guys are not racers? Not as aggressive as some others I have seen and generally safe (didn't make passes he couldn't stick) and never "forced it." With that said though I bet less than 50% of the people here would go three wide into big bend and I bet 75% would have stoped after the first hit to be sure the car was ok/safe to drive.

To bad he couldn't hold it in the exit of Big Bend. Not so sure he was hit before loosing it so without interviews it most likely is a racing incident from that view... Although the prod car would be at fault if he wasn't hit, if he was hit then it is Dan's fault.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

If you watch the earlier spin in the same spot when he was alone, he hits that curb and it flings him across the track.
    The crash looked like he did the same thing, hit the curb and went sideways in front of Dan. I will bet that Dan never hit him at all.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    If you watch the earlier spin in the same spot when he was alone, he hits that curb and it flings him across the track.
    The crash looked like he did the same thing, hit the curb and went sideways in front of Dan. I will bet that Dan never hit him at all.

yeah, looking again I could see that ... love to see it from Dan's camera!

btw Dan... any damage?

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Well I thought at track out we would both gradually straighten and come back drivers right and set up for the left hander. My impression is that if we both gave time for the cars to straighten and come right again we would have been fine. It seems as if his car came right suddenly and I hit him front right corner and drove over his fender. His video shows alot of sudden right turning motions with his steering wheel. I think a second more of track out would have been better for all.
    Damage to the car so far is a bent right trailing arm, bent spindle, upper control arm, flattened and bent front crossmember and possibly a bent wheel. Thats it so far.
    Really thought we had that corner. He was way around me but loose and on the edge, this is the perspective from my seat, but then he must have checked up some and came right because all of a sudden there he was in front of me. I suppose in hindsight I could have tried to slow some and let it go but the cars in that turn at that time are in a condition that really prohibit any sudden changes to braking or steering. Once committed you must track out and come back right.
    Thats how it looks to me. I will try to get my video up soon. Havent posted a video before so a learning curve will be complicating matters there. Hey Chris can you post your video when you get a sec?
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

I reserve final judgement until I see the other perspectives, but my initial impression was similar to Glenn's. Assuming you did not touch him, causing the oversteer, going inside him coming through T2 (which is why he missed the second apex?) was aggressive and bit a of a chancy move; as you discovered, any errors on his part would result in what we saw.

Ain't sayin' I would have done it any differently; probably would have. But this is kinda lookin' like "one of those racing things". - GA

Ok, so I should have possibly stayed more outside, slowed and allowed things to settle out rather than try and stay on the apex inside line?
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Ok, so I should have possibly stayed more outside, slowed and allowed things to settle out rather than try and stay on the apex inside line?
    From this video and what you have said I don't think you should have done anything different... correct place, wrong time

Just think, the guy that won (Dave?) got a cool trophy... you got a flight, very cool highlight video, and a memory that will last foever!

Really though, it could have been a lot worse, glad damage to your car was minimal.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

What did everyone think of the PDX that was integrated on Friday? I know a few of you instructed in that, how did that go?

I only ran the PDX, I was in the baby blue EF Civic, labeled as an ITB car, but it's really an ITA (lite) car, on street tires. I was impressed with the speed of you quick guys out there in real ITA/SM cars, including Dave and Mickey/Tom.

Now a longshot, I lost a pair of prescription sunglasses Friday afternoon, down by the FOM hauler. Anyone find something like this?

Will

It's one of those calls. Had you continued to give him 1.01 MGB widths ("universal standard widths") of room and he didn't lose the car, nothing probably would have happened. But - truly unfortunately - that series of events didn't happen... - GA

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    From this video and what you have said I don't think you should have done anything different... correct place, wrong time

Just think, the guy that won (Dave?) got a cool trophy... you got a flight, very cool highlight video, and a memory that will last foever!

Really though, it could have been a lot worse, glad damage to your car was minimal.

Raymond
    LOL Good point but not what I was looking for
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    It's one of those calls. Had you continued to give him 1.01 MGB widths ("universal standard widths") of room and he didn't lose the car, nothing probably would have happened. But - truly unfortunately - that series of events didn't happen... - GA
    Yup, well live and learn I guess. Will have to try and re-evaluate the line through there and see if a more outside line would help in these situations rather than the standard double apex. Could be the issue I guess.
    But anyway I wish to thank everyone for the input. I do care how I race and do not want
    to be a dangerous driver to the community.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

I guess I have to ask "WHY"?
    It was well into the race, neither car had anything to gain by fighting for position and certainly no reason to make that pass.........
    AND...two wrecked cars...
    Jerry
    NER South

The uphill portion of the race that I referenced with Christian is at the 6:02 mark. The first lap had action too as did several others.

Link to video in case below doesn't show as it didn't on my computer:
    http://youtu.be/GODg-7-AhgI

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    I guess I have to ask "WHY"?
    It was well into the race, neither car had anything to gain by fighting for position and certainly no reason to make that pass.........
    AND...two wrecked cars...
    Good point. Caution would have been better.
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94