Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July "Mohud at LRP" Thread...

On the sign area it had a note that all instructors must have an in car communicator.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Communicators, I believe, are required. From PDX coordinator:

"I am not in favor of dropping the communicator requirement. Instructors do not need passenger seats though."
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

I stand corrected, thanks.

Well, change of plans. I just registered for LRP. Ed will sit it out, the groupings are too close together to run ITB and HP. We will both get to run at WGI the following weekend.
    Just when you thought it was safe to go back on track at the Rock.....
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Just in case you didn't receive the email, here's the latest for the mohud at lrp story.

"The $213.00 SSM and Others Race has low entries. We have decided to reduce the entry fee to $150.00 and add qualifying on Friday afternoon. Also group 7 and 8 will be swapped allowing group 8 drivers a break before the bonus race. If you have already paid the $213.00 you will get a credit at registration. Online registration will be closing Tuesday evening, we will be accepting entries at registration before the event, no late fees. Final schedule will be available at registration. Thank You. Look forward to seeing you at the track."
    '92 Honda Civic Si

More details:

"Notice to all drivers racing in the John Stim Memorial Race July 12-13 at Lime Rock.

All group 1 cars will be moved to group 3 and group 1 will be eliminated. The new group 3 will run two additional laps. Group 2 will now be the first race group on track . The cars in groups 7 and 8 will be swapped. SPU will remain in group 7.

New Group 3
    FA,FB,FC,FE,FF,FM.CFC,CSR,DSR,CF,S2,ASR,FS,FV,FST, F5,NCF

New Group7
    SSM,SM2,STU,SPU

New Group 8
    SRF Legends"
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Last I looked, 115 entries for the regional, and something like 6 for the "SM & others" group.
    If they only have a handful, will they merge that into another group?
    Stephanie Funk
    "Green Booger Racing"

Looking forward to the next race at the glen!

Well, any news?? Q sheets?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Only 4 ITB cars; think they were in the mid 4s.

Ian was in low 1:00s but not YET in 59s.

I finally got some dry track time. Loving how the car handles. Although I'm constantly reminded with how SMs are in low 1:01s and I'm way off their pace in an ITA car. Another soon to be thread about that topic. Looking forward to getting more faith in the car. I'm really liking the handling!

Truly enjoying being in ITA. Spoke with several other drivers and while we'll race hard, certainly seems like we'll have a fun time with things. I'm psyched to be a part of it and totally looking forward to racing again. This is great as racing had gotten away from being fun for a bit there.
    Dave Gran

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post

I finally got some dry track time. Loving how the car handles. Although I'm constantly reminded with how SMs are in low 1:01s and I'm way off their pace in an ITA car. Another soon to be thread about that topic. Looking forward to getting more faith in the car. I'm really liking the handling!
    Don't let it bug you. Real results searches will net a ton of low 1:02's, a few high 1:01's and one or two mid 1:01's. You roll up on a 1:02 flat in the ITA car and you are moving right along in position for a win.

Also don't sweat the different run groups as the track changes...go fast and have fun!!!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Track is a bit slick in spots. Times across the board seem to be a bit off. Maybe from the rubber from last weeks ALMS race? They were better today than yesterday. G3 (FV and F5) had a rain shower come through. It has dried up since then. Hopefully no more showers for today.
    Stephanie Funk
    "Green Booger Racing"

Today was a day of mixed emotions. 1st race was pretty uneventful for me and without issues. 2nd race made up for the 1st. Most importantly I didn't see Christian when he went for a pass on the outside of the uphill after we encountered traffic. Honestly never even saw him or thought to look for him to be there. Totally my fault and while it caused a close call, fortunately he's good enough that nothing serious happened. Didn't even know it till post race. Looking forward to getting back out with Christian to redeem myself. Totally not how I'd intend things to happen or is like me.

Before that happened, 1st lap just after big bend many of us are two wide as usual. Well, driver on the side of me wacked me pretty good and off I went. Kept it going and re-entered. Steering wheel now off, shaking but car going straight.

Traffic was more than a challenge during this race. An STL (SM) Miata who I spoke with before start on grid about us being in different classes and if I got him on the start, I'd let him go by but to wait till the time was right forgot that whole discussion. After fiercely battling me and completely slowing me up yet not either checking out or letting me go, he gave me a big thumbs up after the race. I wasn't as happy. We talked later on and that went well.

While I always want to discuss these incidents, I thought the contact impound was wonderful to force it and make it easier to find people. The Big Bend Miata driver turned out to be in his 2nd race. A learning experience for him and we exchanged e-mails.

On a more positive note, got to see some old friends, met some new ones, and was reminded what an awesome community Club Racing is about. There's so much of the "pay it forward" attitude among us, it's truly fantastic. Even the guys I had incidents with, in the end things ended on a positive note overall. Shit happens in racing, people obviously including myself make mistakes... I am starting to feel more and more comfortable with the new car and glad I got some dry track time. Best handling car I've driven. Soooo badly want to get back out at LRP and pick up where I left off.

Now to find a shop to look at the car. Tough as the Glen is just next weekend and I don't know what parts will be needed. Kessler is just a bit swamped... Hope I can make it!
    Last edited by gran racing; 07-13-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    Dave Gran

Our race group had quite a bit of action in the second race, including a get together I had with Tom O'Conner. Just one of those racing things. We both felt bad about it, we just got caught up in crap from having a car go off at three (Dan D maybe? Looked like his car)

I've been having an issue with my Go Pro. It filmed the first two on track session, but the second race it shows the data is there, but when I ask it to open and play, it gives me the error message that "Quick time does not understand this file format". I tried opening it in Windows media player and Windows movie maker, with no luck. This happened before.

Any suggestions on how to open it? And do you think maybe this camera has a glitch in it? It's the Hero 2. We've had issues in the past with it shutting itself off minutes into it, or not starting. I am not sure if it is the camera or me. Everyone else seems to get theirs to work routinely. It's hit or miss with ours. Is anyone running the new gen Gro Pro? Are they worth the money?
    Stephanie Funk
    "Green Booger Racing"

Thank you Greg!
    Stephanie Funk
    "Green Booger Racing"

How did our Southern Export Munnerlyn do in ITS? And why isn't this race on Race Monitor?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I've been having an issue with my Go Pro. It filmed the first two on track session, but the second race it shows the data is there, but when I ask it to open and play, it gives me the error message that "Quick time does not understand this file format". I tried opening it in Windows media player and Windows movie maker, with no luck. This happened before.
    Either you have a corrupted file, or you don't have the codec to play the file. In case you can open other files from the same camera on the same PC, it means you have a corrupted file. Those files can be fixed. There are programs out there that fix corrupted video files.

Very often Go Pro will corrupt the file if the movie is stopped by turning OFF the camera, or running out of battery.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs1sQM6QE_A[/ame]

I do not have mine or Chris's up yet but check at 8 min and 13:30
    Chris's video is from behind me.
    Let me know what you all think

Thanks
    Dan
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

Looks like the rumbles at the exit of 2 are a bad place to drive.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!