Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glen July Sprints July 19-21

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    How many spare cars do you have Dan???

There might be a few old crappy cars laying around in NH for various drivers to use in a pinch. They arent just for me.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    Seems to me the guy in the middle created the problem. He certainly knew where all the other cars were. Pick one and draft!
    He was already going faster than left or right, why draft? He also had at least 6 inches on either side when he made the move, purple car moved way to late to block the hole!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

The guy on the right moved over for no reason... track is straight and the next turn is a right hand turn.
    Not sure what way it would go if a proest was fied as it was more of a racing incident where the guy on the left and the one following were inocently taken out. I wouldn't expect this driver on the right to do this again. Hopefully he learned something so that he/she has people to keep racing with in the future.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Fantastic racing in the Pro IT. Very clean and concienteous racing - excellent situation awareness. I know I gave a fellow in the 300Z a show when I nearly lost it in the bus stop on the third lap coming in a little hot.

Bummed that my in-car only got the first two laps and then the battery died.

Great to see all the drivers and a huge thanks to DA, Terry, Geoff and the whole Pro IT management group, Glen region folks and the workers.

Can't wait for the Pro IT next weekend - that will be THE BIG SHOW!!!!! ARCA - anybody have a car for my? Will take a top 10!!! I ran close to ARCA times in my GTA car :-)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    The guy on the right moved over for no reason... track is straight and the next turn is a right hand turn.
    Not sure what way it would go if a proest was fied as it was more of a racing incident where the guy on the left and the one following were inocently taken out. I wouldn't expect this driver on the right to do this again. Hopefully he learned something so that he/she has people to keep racing with in the future.

Raymond
    My thoughts are that he was trying to 'squeeze ' the black car over so he would have a better run through the bus-stop....not knowing that move would cause the incident because he was unaware of the blue car.

Bad move, bad result.

Your's in Monday-Morning Quaterbacking,

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Looking to see if I can learn something from my weekend. (skip toward the end for the crash, watch the previously laps to see what led to it)Doesn't seem to want to embed?
    Is this just one of those racing deals? It's my first time that I've ever hit another car, and needless to say that it doesn't feel too good.
    Last edited by kcolbey; 07-22-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: youtube link broken?
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

Quote Originally Posted by kcolbey View Post
    Looking to see if I can learn something from my weekend. (skip toward the end for the crash, watch the previously laps to see what led to it)Doesn't seem to want to embed?
    Is this just one of those racing deals? It's my first time that I've ever hit another car, and needless to say that it doesn't feel too good.
    I think you will get a variety of comments on that one. Some will say you dove-bombed him, some will say he chopped you.

What do YOU think happened?
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by kcolbey View Post

First off, that is the fastest RX7 in a straight line I've ever seen!!!

It's easy for us to sit back and watch it over and over and give our useless comments........

I personally would not have stuck my nose in there............
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I think it's his line.

Do you think you would have been able to hold the inside line if he gave you a car's width? You looked pretty hot coming in.
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

Quote Originally Posted by team-gpracing View Post
    I think it's his line.

Do you think you would have been able to hold the inside line if he gave you a car's width? You looked pretty hot coming in.
    While that may or may not be a valid point, it never got to that because the RX7 went right to the Apex.

It's an age-long debate. The CRX was obviously there so some would say the RX-7 needed to give racing room or risk contact. Others would say it was an impossible pass and the CRX needed to back out.
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    It's an age-long debate. The CRX was obviously there so some would say the RX-7 needed to give racing room or risk contact. Others would say it was an impossible pass and the CRX needed to back out.

I have benn on both sides of this. and been both guys in the past. This is a tough call.

That is one FAST RX7. I should have gone but would have been beat. He dosent go anywhere else form what I understand. He probably feels the same about NHMS.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

it7racing.com

Some will say you dive-bombed him, some will say he chopped you.
    It will be interesting when Mickey posts his video from the Saturday race. The #72 did his fair share of blocking & chopping.

Personally I was not so happy with the #72 when he drove me off the road in the Sunday race.

Watch this video from about the 1:40 mark. It is the first half of the race.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-rc...it?usp=sharing

This is the second half. I couldn't figure out how to put them in the same file. That is one fast Nissan 240SX.

I am taking up a collection to buy the #72 a rear view mirror.

Also that is the fastest RX7 in a straight line that I have ever seen.

Abhi
    Last edited by Abhi; 07-23-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Hi,

I don't have much time right to post after-thoughts regarding WGI. In all, it was a good time, though not without it's frustrating moments. In general, I got quicker every session since I have not been back in a while. I certainly could have used a test day before hand. A well-prepared car was my saving grace as I think I left 1+ seconds out there. I did learn from some SM's running in STL how to navigate the bus stop and turn 11 w/o lifting. I worked my way up to taking the carousel at full speed finally since Bruce Perry in 1st place was my motivating factor. Last thoughts... yeah, that #72 IT7/A was uber fast in a straight line AND dead slow in the corners. I need to plan my passes better as I almost tapped him many times. (Don't mind the hand signals.) Owner of the IT7 car when asked says his car is NOT ported.

Sat AM qualifying
    https://vimeo.com/70831774

Sat PM qual race (3rd place)
    https://vimeo.com/70863933

Sun Race is being uploaded...

Mickey
    Last edited by mossaidis; 07-23-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

What were the ITA race results and times?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I sent you the jpg of results. Feel free to post here.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    yeah, that #72 IT7/A was uber fast in a straight line AND dead slow in the corners. I need to plan my passes better as I almost tapped him many times. (Don't mind the hand signals.) Owner of the IT7 car when asked says his car is NOT ported.

Holy carp that's a fast RX7.
    #08 ITA/STL Miata

While that may or may not be a valid point, it never got to that because the RX7 went right to the Apex.

It's been my understanding that if the passing car isn't able to get it's nose up to the door of the car being passed, then the car being passed is within its 'right' to take the apex away.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew M View Post
    It's been my understanding that if the passing car isn't able to get it's nose up to the door of the car being passed, then the car being passed is within its 'right' to take the apex away.
    And since that is not written anywhere in the rulebook IIRC, it is also a risk to 'take' it away as seen in the video. If I even think there is a nose in there, I choose to leave some room.
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post

This is the second half. I couldn't figure out how to put them in the same file. That is one fast Nissan 240SX.

Abhi
    The areas where he really gets away is a combination of you getting balked up and his torque. When you have space, you run heads up. It's strong, no doubt.
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by jwasilko View Post
    Holy carp that's a fast RX7.
    Andy, Greg I think your car is in NY

Get it before I do.

it7racing.com