Thread: Race Monitor on Kindle Fire HD?

Question Race Monitor on Kindle Fire HD?

Got a Kindle Fire HD for Father's day and have been trying to down load "Race Monitor" but not having any luck! Maybe I brought the wrong tablet?? Any thoughts from the computer savvy persons? TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

It currently only shows availability for iOS, Android, OS X, Windows and Windows Phone. You can go to their website to contact them: http://www.race-monitor.com/

Same problem with the longer kindle fire.....Amazon writes their own shell over whatever version of Android that they use. They want you to buy their apps, so block access to the Google play store. Even the new windows phones will give you race monitor.

Choices...if you can take it back, get a Samsung or Apple mini.
    Or, if you don't have a smart phone...go to Walmart and buy one of their pay as you go cheap Chinese smart android phones. If you are going to use it as at home, won't cost you a cent more with yr wifi. At LRP, when I help out on the flatbed.....I use the wifi from the EMT building. I don't know for sure about the new Barnes and Nobles HD nook...but the previous one do the same as the Kindle's.

Hope this helps.......... PS: I wouldn't buy one of the off brand pay as you go phones(provider, not the phone) as a lot don't have great cell phone coverage outside urban areas...at LRP, one barely gets a signal from the big boys.......

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Olivola View Post
    It currently only shows availability for iOS, Android, OS X, Windows and Windows Phone. You can go to their website to contact them: http://www.race-monitor.com/
    Contacted race monitor. Took the Kindle back and now have a Nexus 7 with Race monitor being first down Load!
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Quote Originally Posted by tdw6974 View Post
    Contacted race monitor. Took the Kindle back and now have a Nexus 7 with Race monitor being first down Load!

Glad I could help, I have the sane nexus...and did the same thing.....LOL